Slater Bridge

Edit My Images
Yes
This is another shot from my recent trip to the Lake Distict.
It's a shot of Slater Bridge, near Elterwater, as the first early morning rays of light hit the bridge.
It happens to be my favourite shot of that week but I would love some suggestions on how I could improve on it.
( Post processing of course )

EosD, note the frame. :)

Camera settings;
1D MKII, f18, 0.4 sec, ISO 100, 17-40L at 17mm, CP and ND Grad, Tripod, Mirror lock and cable release.

Slaters-Bridge-A3.jpg

Well the frame is much better ;)

I suspect that to get some serious feedback you will have to post some less perfect shots, you are not giving us much room to critique especially as we don’t know exactly what is around the space out of frame :)

On saying that the one area of that picture that could *possibly* be improved on is the white area in the sky just above the trees to the right of the bridge. The rest of the sky has texture and colour where that one section is a little bland by comparison. Maybe a small amount of attention in Photoshop could help out just a little.

That has to be taken with a pinch of salt though as overall it’s a stunning picture.

yer i agree with Steve, there has to be something to pick on to make an effective critique!!

I've got it :D

You need to add a little baby rabbit on the grass in the front right of the frame..that would make it perfect ;)

Ok I'll get my coat :nut:

theres a rather spiffing bunny in teh other photo section?

i like this frame better, btw...i bet that picture is stunning full size on a wall

Another great shot :) Can't help wondering what it would have been like without the grass in the foreground though, I can't decide if it enhances or detracts :)

Sheesh... you're setting yourself a standard to live up to with these landscapes! ;)

It's an excellent shot and one I'd be proud to own. The white spot in the sky without detail does draw the eye like a magnet as Steve points out, and it would be relatively easy to clone enough subtle detail into that area to blend it in with the rest of an otherwise great sky.

Is the shot a tad over-saturated? It's a close call anyway, and I often find myself in disagreement with people over this. :D

Lastly, the grasses in the foreground are great for adding depth and foreground interest, but in this shot there's sufficient foreground detail without it, and it just makes the foreground a bit 'busy' for me as a result. I think I'd have got the hand shears out. ;)

Again, I'm being hyper critical which is what your obvious level of skill dictates if you're daft enough to post pics in this critique forum. :LOL:

It's a super shot and a lot of thought has obviously gone into it. It exhibits a lovely range of tones which I'm sure would work great in b&w, but it's a great colour shot anyway.

Back