Slide duplicator

What do you want, a slide copier that fits on a camera (you take a photo of the slide) ?
Or a scanner..

theres also the (old, but still made me thinks) duplicators that are basically 2 camera backs facing each other.

one side you load with exposed film/slides, and the other with unexposed film. you pull winder on, then theres a place you shine a light, and the films are pressed very close to each other flat (with thin glass between). shutter opens/closes etc....

very complicated actually.

easyer just scanning:LOL:

sorry, thought I started out being helpful, but then dug myself a pit of despair!

I believe I didn't get the name wrong. It's called a slide duplicator.

There are some crappy electronic "slide duplicators" on fleabay that don't attach to a camera, they're a hand held scanner but with added poop.
I would add slide copy to your vocabulary, and copy stand, you never know when you might need it..:)
Anyway, stuff like that was the preserve of photographic shops, outside of Fleabay they're tough to source these days.

Jessops have some bits, £300 if you're feeling flush, and you need to buy the bellows on top :puke:
They also have an adapter to use with a 55mm micro and PK-13 tube.

Whatever happens you'll probably need a suitable macro lens, I used to slide copy with a 50mm macro lens on a lightbox with a mask with a 6x6 square hole cut in it, its a tripod job in a dark room though without tubes/bellows/wotnot.

Back