Slimline Chaffinch

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Took this the other day, but it got lost in among the Red Kite shots (have they been banned):D Struck me how slim this fellow was and regards colour he was very pale so i didnt want to change it by boosting colour.

C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.

Being a female chaffinch she is probably feeding young and the pressure of that is perhaps leaving her looking a bit thin!

The picture is sharp, I'm surprised how deep emerald the background is, and is quite pleasing. I would be happy with that shot.

Jerry

Thanks for commenting Jerry. Not only am i getting ID wrong most of the time, now its spread to the gender:D. Think its true to say the 300mm F4 is sharp! - Brian

Good effort Brian, a lovely bird to photograph.

I would have possibly done some selective brightening, around her face for example.

Difficult to brighten the shot in general as the white look ready to blow out, so selective allows you to choose specific areas to help enhance it gently (y)

Comments noted Dan. Only just getting into selective, and on the lightening front, i always seem to overdo and the result looks weird. Keep on keeping on though:D

No worries mate (y)

It does take some practice, but when you learn the ins and outs the results are very pleasing.

It obviously helps to nail a shot in camera first thus leaving you litle work after, but that's easily said and harder to do.

As long as you get a good exposure and sharp shot, tweaking the levels for midtones, highlights and shadows is an excellent way to just balance thew whole shot.

Back