Slimy and jumpy things

Name
Lorraine
Edit My Images
Yes
I've only just started macro photography and am discovering it is not as easy as I thought!! Bugs just don't stand still for long enough!! Would be pleased to receive C&C on these two photos - and if anyone can ID them (yes I know the first one's a snail!!:D) that would be appreciated too!! Thanks.:)

Hi Lorraine, I am sure the more you practice the better you will get :) No 1 is out of focus. No 2 is a good capture of a soldier beetle and would benefit from a bit of sharpening

Thank you John, I tried to focus on the eyes of the snail but they kept moving!! As with all things - practice, practice, practice! As it is, I'm really enjoying foraging in the undergrowth - I never realised that there are so many colourful bugs or that my garden was so busy!!:)

Thank you John, I tried to focus on the eyes of the snail but they kept moving!! As with all things - practice, practice, practice! As it is, I'm really enjoying foraging in the undergrowth - I never realised that there are so many colourful bugs or that my garden was so busy!!:)

I can shoot 100 frames and not be pleased with any, BUT as you said it's enjoyable and thats what matters ;)

Thank you Kurt, just looked at your shots, they are incredible - you have some really fancy insects out there!!!

Back