Small camera Bag needed

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
I need something do de-camp all my lenses to from the huge Lowe-Pro backpack, something like an old Billingham shoulder-bag.

It only needs to hold a couple of flashguns and two lenses, along with a few batteries and a sandwich and needs to be flat-packable in a Peli-Case when not in use. Non-Photo-Bag in appearance.
I've looked at Crumpler bags and I'm leaning in that direction. Colours need to be very muted - black or tan, in keeping with my profession.

Any recommendations?

I can highly recommend the Crumpler bags - I have a couple of them. Excellent quality.

My only criticism is that the shoulder bags do not have a carry handle on the top, only a shoulder strap (although some of their newer ones do have such a handle, I believe).

Some of their bags come in muted tans/blacks etc (as well as some hideously garish colour combinations!)..so definitely worth a look.

I've only got a Crumpler backpack (Farmers Double) but I'm very happy with it. I chose Crumpler specifically for the fact that they don't look very camera-bag-y and also because I wanted something that was basically just a normal backpack that happened to have a few easy-to-reach photographic compartments at the bottom.

I use a Tamrac Velocity 3 which isn't that camera bagish looking, it has more of a messenger look to it.

It should just about hold what you need it to, it takes my 350D with Tamron lens attached and still has room for 2 other longer zoom lenses + bit's and bobs, and you can also remove the padded inserts (they're velcro fitted) to store it flat.

One snag is that it isn't zip closeable (the front flap just closes over and clicks into place) which could be a problem due to the weather in the places you frequent.

http://www.tamrac.com/5743.htm
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-TAMRAC-57...ryZ64336QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Due to all the dust in the places I tend to frequent, I wrap my lenses in plastic when they're off the camera anyway, so rain isn't an issue.

Back