Small pretty butterfly and a bee

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
Yes
I just got myself my first macro camera yesterday , a Tamron 90mm, and I was delighted to see this small butterfly in my garden and a bee on clover over the fields. I would like critique, even if its harsh as I know neither are focused brilliantly but I want to learn.I took the butterfly quickly before it dissappeared. The exif data is f10, 1/40 sec,Iso 400 Aperture priority. I wouldnt have chosen 1/40 sec for a hand held shot if I had time to notice it as I have very shaky hands.The exif for the bee on clover was f10,1/160sec,iso400,aperture priority.

I would like to know what the butterfly is called as I have never seen one before.

Thank you
Sue

The 'butterfly' looks like a 'Cinnabar Moth' to me - even though it's out of focus, I enjoy seeing it, so thank you for sharing :D

Apart from the shaking, your white-balance seems to be off somehow, but I am not sure how exactly to improve on it (I'd like play with sliders in Lightroom :p)

The 'butterfly' looks like a 'Cinnabar Moth' to me - even though it's out of focus, I enjoy seeing it, so thank you for sharing :D

Apart from the shaking, your white-balance seems to be off somehow, but I am not sure how exactly to improve on it (I'd like play with sliders in Lightroom :p)

Thank you for your comments. The white balance on my camera is set to auto. I dont have lightroom just photoshop elements but I will see if I can do something with it.

Hello Sue, I have an old version of the tamron 90mm and it's a great macro lens :) I am Sure with practice and knowledge (picked up in this forum) it won't be long before we see some fine shots from you :). Your shots look good even if they are out of focus ;)

Hello Sue, I have an old version of the tamron 90mm and it's a great macro lens :) I am Sure with practice and knowledge (picked up in this forum) it won't be long before we see some fine shots from you :). Your shots look good even if they are out of focus ;)

Thanks John.The main difference for me is having to get used to manual focus as I have always used AF before.. It does have a motor and will AF but it doesnt seem to work so well for macro shots so I am just learning manual focus.I may have to use my tripod and monopod a lot more as my hands move too much.

I am pleased that, despite my inexperience I was able to capture the veins in the bee's wings so the camera must be good.

Last edited:
Back