Small RAW

Well, there are 2 riders in the first shot...........!!

lol thats actually the j-peg

I have been on a moderate scale and I can tell you it makes for an interesting chain of events with little time for RAW prcessing:D

I hear people say that all the time, but if you batch process correctly it takes no longer then about 40sec to process then a j-peg, but converting raws to tiff's i find give a better final larger print. Plus if you do make a small balls up you can correct it if you want or like with the second image leave it alone wb wise. i always feel the sRAW and RAW files give a chrisper print, unless i am doing something wrong with j-peg ofcourse. Oh and a bit of fill light in CS3 on the last really brings the bike out more from the background something you wouldnt be able to do with a j-peg.

Russ, what kit were you using, the 40D?

Russ, what kit were you using, the 40D?

Yeap with the 400mm f5.6 first outting too with the 40d, so made one or 2 setup issues getting used to the new layout, used auto white balance, and havent adjusted any of the images posted here for anything other then sharpness.

TBH i doubt i'll ever shoot j-peg based on how good the s-RAW is if i need to save space.

This whole sRAW thing feels a bit like buying the latest Ferrari and then sticking masking tape over gears 4-6:shrug:

Its probably just for passport photos then......
Allan

Back