Beginner Smoke Inhalation

Name
Justine
Edit My Images
Yes
The little guy isn't too keen on fireworks so it was a quiet night for us, I felt a bit cheated though because I wanted to take some photos of the River of Light in Liverpool. So instead, I locked myself in the bathroom and took some photos of smoke instead. I kept thinking the patterns looked like women posing, but that could have just been the smoke inhalation.

I really enjoyed doing these - I did what I could with what I had which is a camera, tripod and torch - might have been easier to manage if I had a flash. Just wondering what else I should do now??

IMG_3361 by Justine Edwards, on Flickr

IMG_3396 by Justine Edwards, on Flickr

IMG_3397 by Justine Edwards, on Flickr

IMG_3403 by Justine Edwards, on Flickr

IMG_3403 by Justine Edwards, on Flickr

Terrific images, very sensuous as you say. I really have NO idea how you managed to get such interesting shapes and capture them in the bathroom armed with only a torch! The mind boggles. Do now? How about multiple exposing, or blending with various colour? I imagine you could build up a wonderful abstract artwork. Good luck!

Terrific images, very sensuous as you say. I really have NO idea how you managed to get such interesting shapes and capture them in the bathroom armed with only a torch! The mind boggles. Do now? How about multiple exposing, or blending with various colour? I imagine you could build up a wonderful abstract artwork. Good luck!

It was ok to be honest - went to B&Q, tore myself a sample of black wallpaper which I sellotaped to the bathroom wall. Set up 2 joss sticks on a holder in front of the wallpaper on top of the laundry basket.

Set up a tripod in front of the basket and manually focused on a can of deodorant which was roughly in the same place the smoke would be and then just stood over the smoke with my little LED torch and tinkered around with the settings until it looked ok.

You could see when the light was hitting the smoke right because it really lit it up but the entire house stinks now and my eyes hurt! :confused:

I think I might have another go in a colour, maybe a green tint to the torch. :)

Back