Snow going back ... Drop !

Edit My Images
No
Spring is sprunging ... seasonal take for plucking this time ?

Snow going back ...Drop;

EDIT = :eek:ops: SORRY - I have removed this as I am so appalled with the way it has posted ... it is not the picture I took or intended showing you ! :noshake: :eek:ops:

If I can fix the problem I will re-post it ... sorry again !

Rip into it please ... :suspect1:

EDIT = How right was I ! > > For a start it looks far too :hissyfit: pixellated to me - must double-check how to post right sized pics ! :banghead:

It's only 22kb, that's the problem. You're allowed 160kb. What are you using to resample - Photoshop?

It doesn't look sharp, and it could use some contrast in my opinion.

CT said:
It's only 22kb, that's the problem. You're allowed 160kb. What are you using to resample - Photoshop?

You are so right CT - I could see the size would likely be an issue but am unsure how this happens.

Incidentally is this one 22kb or just 12kb ?

I use Elements to save NEF to JPEG, at original sizing to the new file. Then use the gallery Upload Applet but uncheck the re-size option to load into my gallery.

Never mastered this aspect fully yet ... obviously !

Check the size of the file as a Jpeg on your pc, if you find it is still larger than 160kb then the gallery software here will reduce its size futher on upload and thats whats causing you the problem. Gallery is absolutely ruthless with its file compression if you go over the limits so we always advise that you ensure your file size BEFORE upload is 160kb or less.

HTH

Steve said:
Check the size of the file as a Jpeg on your pc, if you find it is still larger than 160kb then the gallery software here will reduce its size futher on upload and thats whats causing you the problem. Gallery is absolutely ruthless with its file compression if you go over the limits so we always advise that you ensure your file size BEFORE upload is 160kb or less.

HTH

Hi Steve - long time no speak !

I am messaging with Matty on this problem - The files (especially this one) I have checked are definitely the right size before up-loading ! This one is actually 159kb on my hard drive !

But this, the Transporter images and the Locks postings have all been shrunk to silly size ... and I have exhausted my limited knowledge in different methods of up-loading !

Baffled ... I am sir !

Thanx though,

Rog...

Yeah its been a while, I am busy with other stuff that I should have concentrated on when I first moved. :)

I'll leave you in matty's capable hands, if he is already looking into the problem for you I can assure you he has much more knowledge than I do were the gallery is concerned. Hopefully he will solve your issues soon :)

it looks like Vens images are being resized to an intermediate size.....dont know for sure yet though!

Venomator said:
Hi Steve - long time no speak !

I am messaging with Matty on this problem - The files (especially this one) I have checked are definitely the right size before up-loading ! This one is actually 159kb on my hard drive !

But this, the Transporter images and the Locks postings have all been shrunk to silly size ... and I have exhausted my limited knowledge in different methods of up-loading !

Baffled ... I am sir !

Thanx though,

Rog...

I had the same problem last week when trying to post my tiger picture - they were the right size, then the gallery made them smaller. Got around it by uploading said images to photobucket and linking from there in the end.

minimeeze said:
I had the same problem last week when trying to post my tiger picture - they were the right size, then the gallery made them smaller. Got around it by uploading said images to photobucket and linking from there in the end.

Thanx Minimeeze - I am not sure there is not a more global problem here though - the limit is supposed to be 160kb and the file I was posting started out at this size before uploading ... and ended up as 10kb !

Obviously not an ideal size for viewing properly and achieving constructive commentary or critique !

Admin are looking into it ... hopefully we will have normal service resumed soon - or I will be made to look a complete dodo ... one of the two !

Back