Snow wedding!

Name
Mel
Edit My Images
Yes
Well Ive got a wedding to shoot next Saturday and the snow we have will definately not have gone, and they are forecasting freezing weather for the next few weeks!

I have never photographed a snow wedding before and Im a little nervous!

I had already discussed shooting some fun photos with the bride and her bridesmaids in wellies, but this will now be a neccessity!

Im worried about my setting as she is wearing white, and she has already said she wants some photos outside, even in the snow!

Outside lighting should be OK as she gets married at 11.00am, with plenty of time for photos, but just worried about the white against white.

Any advice will be greatly recieved!

Thanks, Mel :bonk:

Bump....no one to help????

Um, I was shooting bridal fashion in the snow yesterday. Does that count?

http://peoplebyryan.com/fashion/snow-queen

Usual stuff for snow. If there's a lot of snow in the scene and you're on matrix (or whatever) metering you can easily find yourself adding +2 or even +3 stops compensation (that's more than the books say but it's certainly how I find current Nikons).

White on white can be tricky but extra lighting is your friend. Drop the b/g by half a stop (so...+1.5 - +2.5) and then pump in a bit of sympathetic flash to lift the dress back and make it stand out.

Remember also that very few wedding dresses are actually white - you are actually shooting cream or ivory against white ;)

Other than that: wrap up warm, keep the batteries warm and watch out for wet which is worse for your camera than cold.

Back