Snow

Name
Sid
Edit My Images
Yes
Look what we got today!!!!

Not the best shots in the world but it was cold and the snow was deep. It was over 20 inches deep and more to come!

DSC02264copy.jpg

DSC02265.jpg

DSC02263.jpg

Brrr! a play with the levels should brighten the shots up a bit.

I'm looking forward to my trip now. I think!

Looks cold....Brrrrr. Hopefully BC won't get as much snow as that :)

lucky Ba... err person :naughty:
I dream of snow that deep. :wacky:

keep em comming...
I can but dream (maybe we will get some in the Highlands of Scotland)

I'm jealous, snow like that would be wonderful to see again. The last time I saw it was when I lived in Canada, UK winters are such a let down :(

Looks like my neighborhood, or at least how it looked yesterday. Today there's lots of snow on the ground, but it's bright and sunny.

Looks cold....Brrrrr. Hopefully BC won't get as much snow as that :)

It just rains over in BC. If it ever snows like it is here they panic and the place shuts down!!

Brrrrr!!!
Im shivering just looking at those ... is it my eyes or is your house leaning? ;)

I think it was my wife falling over in the snow when she took the photo that makes it look like it's leaning :LOL:

Yep that's about what it looks like outside my door but we only got 16". I don't have a snow blower so it's been fun shoveling!

Yep that's about what it looks like outside my door but we only got 16". I don't have a snow blower so it's been fun shoveling!

It's so much hard work using shovels :puke: And I don't even have a proper snow shovel yet. I'm going out every couple of hours just to keep moving the snow along and now there's nowhere to put it!!

It's great seeing so much snow though :clap: :clap:

Looks fun, but photographing in snow you need to open up more to maintain it looking white, either in manual or via the exp comp - either that or Canada gets grey snow from the USA's pollution? :LOL:

The piccies were taken with a Sony DSC-973 and by my wife who just point & shoots. There's no way I'm taking my D50 out there. The snow is so fine and it's just blowing everywhere. Once it stops snowing then I'll get some proper photos.

The piccies were taken with a Sony DSC-973 and by my wife who just point & shoots. There's no way I'm taking my D50 out there. The snow is so fine and it's just blowing everywhere. Once it stops snowing then I'll get some proper photos.

Coward! :LOL:

Fair enough then - look forward to the proper ones later

DD

Just wanted to share some more shots of the latest snow storm we've just had. We got over 30cm on Wednesday alone. The storm yesterday was unreal as there was thunder & lightning at the same time. First time I'd ever seen that happen. Then the heavens opened and we had total white out conditions. Couldn't see 20 feet in front when walking. Very scary!!!

Anyway, my wife took these (again). They were both taken in the local cemetery. The headstones below which are nearly totally covered come to the top of my thigh, and I'm 5' 10".

SnowpicsFeb08025.jpg

And one of the hidden sidewalk.

SnowpicsFeb08024.jpg

OMG :eek: :eek: That IS alot of snow! Can you imagine if we got all that in the UK? The place would grind to a total halt :LOL:

he UK slides to a stop with an inch of snow, having that much in one go would be classed as a disaster!

Ok, we've just had another 40 cm of snow fall over 5 days and it's left our area in a bit of a mess. Some of the snow banks at the side of the road are that big that you can't get over them. There's another 15 cm expected this weekend. This was just after the plows had been down my road for the 2nd time in 2 days.

DSC_5105.jpg

Back