Snowfall in London

Edit My Images
Yes
We rarely get any snow in London and even when we do doesn't last very long.
It snowed today... didn't last very long but was fun while it lasted!

50871119841_db9041c8ba_b.jpg

50870409268_f2c3049ab2_b.jpg

50871115031_23425df66c_b.jpg

#4 - at least know these are weathersealed now :ROFLMAO:
50871242027_55ae3bcfbb_b.jpg

Well done on getting out and capturing a 'rarity' in your area.
My favourite from the set is No2, despite the vehicles, it has a timeless feel to it.
Good processing too.
The final shot, with so much inbuilt electronics sends a shudder down my spine...

Thanks you folks :)
I have used it in the rain a few times but first time in heavy snow fall. I found snow a bit more worry some than rain because with rain the water is in contrast flow but snow "sticks".

Blimey, London must be in chaos after a blizzard like that. Perhaps Boris can start a disaster fund for you! ;)

North v South banter aside, glad you got a snow day and I like the photos too. (y)

Last edited:
Snow in London! Shock! Horror! Where's my therapist when you need one.

Where I live, we get heavier hoar frost

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey, London must be in chaos after a blizzard like that. Perhaps Boris can start a disaster fund for you! ;)

North v South banter aside, glad you got a snow day and I like the photos too. (y)

Nah no need we are all locked down anyway.

Best way to avoid any disaster is to not be in it ;)

Best place for snow is on Christmas cards

And on your camera :p

West London yesterday...

Family Snow-10 by Pete Smith, on Flickr

Wonderful shot! Got quite a few of my family myself. That's the main reason I took the camera out. But I seldom post family shots, I keep them for personal use.

Snow in London! Shock! Horror! Where's my therapist when you need one.

Where I live, we get heavier hoar frost

It happens every 3-4 years, just lasts 3-4 hours and it's gone till next time :p

Of course! I wondered what was different this time, usually if more than 3 flakes fall on London then everything stops and it's national news headlines! ;)

Guess all the "on the field" news reporters are locked down too :ROFLMAO:
I know the pain all too well since I used to commute on the trains. in fact somehow it affects the underground trains too because they too stop when it snows! go figure that one out.....

I find it weird that people wave their hands about snow in London now - it used to be normal in the suburbs, with drifts sometimes several feet deep. The first winter we were married (1981) we would wander round Grange Woods in Upper Norwood, jumping and falling into the deep areas. Heavy snow by present standards was normal, and it would be around for a couple of weeks.

I find it weird that people wave their hands about snow in London now - it used to be normal in the suburbs, with drifts sometimes several feet deep. The first winter we were married (1981) we would wander round Grange Woods in Upper Norwood, jumping and falling into the deep areas. Heavy snow by present standards was normal, and it would be around for a couple of weeks.
Ah... the 'forgotten' harsh winter of 1981/82. This never seems to get a mention on TV programmes about the worst winters, etc. That winter still holds the record for the lowest temperature ever recorded in England (-26.1) and we had lots of snow too.

Ah... the 'forgotten' harsh winter of 1981/82. This never seems to get a mention on TV programmes about the worst winters, etc. That winter still holds the record for the lowest temperature ever recorded in England (-26.1) and we had lots of snow too.

Cold temps don't help the global warming agenda..

The 81/82 winter was small beer when you compared it with the one in '47/48. I just remember it, We had no reliable running water for weeks, the mains were all frozen. There was a coal ration because just after the war most of the mined coal was diverted for industry. The house could not be properly heated. I was sent off to live with my grandparents. Grandad was a coal miner and he still got his free ton and a half every three weeks.

Even the 62/63 winter was hard and that was my 1st year working, The snow first fell on the 2nd of November and the roads were not cleared until early May.

The 81/82 winter was small beer when you compared it with the one in '47/48. I just remember it, We had no reliable running water for weeks, the mains were all frozen. There was a coal ration because just after the war most of the mined coal was diverted for industry. The house could not be properly heated. I was sent off to live with my grandparents. Grandad was a coal miner and he still got his free ton and a half every three weeks.

Even the 62/63 winter was hard and that was my 1st year working, The snow first fell on the 2nd of November and the roads were not cleared until early May.

I was around for the 62/63 winter but can't say I remember it. :p

But TBH I remember lots of winters with snow for an extended period, bitter cold etc, both before and after.

Last edited:
Back