So many roads.........So little time

Name
Guy Cope
Edit My Images
No
After waiting for nearly a year to get my bike back, I am now trying to get as many miles in as possible before taking it through France and onto Andorra next week with 3 chums.

I was lucky enough to get a full day with no time constraints last Saturday so packed the miles in, in order to check the bike over thoruoghly.

Found this fantastic road up in Northumberland. The wind was howling across the tops here.

With a storm looming in the North East I thought this shot was very Terminator 1-esque with the never ending road and eerie clouds.

Was a fantastic day in the saddle and has really got me psyched up for next week's jaunt now.

Guy

Guy_Cope_Ducati_748R_01.jpg

Really like this, very moody. Those clouds are almost menacing.
And there's the anticipation of wanting to see the bike scream off down that lovely stretch of tarmac

Now that is good! I love the low clouds, really makes it stand out.

would make a fantasic poster.... especially if the bike were a little more central

Thanks chaps.

I intentionally positioned the bike to the edge of the frame as I felt it led your eye more into the endless road disappearing into the distance and where the machine should be enjoyed / used next etc. If I'd put it centrally, the space to the bike's right would be pretty "useless" as there's not much subject matter there apart from subject environment space.

Composition aside, it was a great day :)(y)

The bike offset in the foreground and parallel to the first stretch of road and the road then running into the bend in the tarmac really leads you in towards the clouds.

I think it is a great pic, well done!:clap:

Last edited:
Excellent shot, clouds could do with a bit of burning to make them seem darker but overall I like it.

Lovely shot, and a really good bike.

Guy, if you only ever listen to one thing I say, make it this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Make sure you take the Road out of Andorra to Spain, the route past the lakes is absolutely stunning.

Have a great trip, Lucky git :)

Lovely shot, and a really good bike.

Guy, if you only ever listen to one thing I say, make it this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Make sure you take the Road out of Andorra to Spain, the route past the lakes is absolutely stunning.

Have a great trip, Lucky git :)

Thanks Xup,

This trip is all about enjoying the bikes, the roads, the non-biker-scuzzer local hospitality and the banter so I'll be sure to take your advice. The D3 is coming on the trip with me so mate's patience allowing, I'll hope to get some good pics along the way to. Heading down to and over the Millau Bridge on the way to Southern France so there'll be views a plenty on this trip.

I CANNOT wait.

Guy

Crackin shot Guy and a nice bike as well.

Dont imagine it will be the comfiest of things to ride all the distance though :eek:

Enjoy your trip

LOL

Adrenaline's a great pain reliever Wull :)

That's also why I've been trying to get the miles in prior to the trip - to get the knees, wrists and shoulders used to the position again. Tis not so bad once you're used to it.

Last edited:
can just imagine you opening the throttle, hearing all the clunks of the linkages and the noise from the can screaming down that looooong bit of road. nice.

any chance of a colour version ? new bikes in b&w just look a bit wrong to me....good shot though :)

any chance of a colour version ? new bikes in b&w just look a bit wrong to me....good shot though :)

I have this one on my laptop in colour knocker. Different angle....

I try and find time tonight to dig out the original shot in colour (busy prepping & packing for the trip :) )

Guy

Guy_Cope_Ducati_748R_02.jpg

Looks good! It's roads like this that make me want a bike...

Yup it's what i reckon they were made for Mike. Roads with no cars and endless bends etc...

Got back from my France trip yesterday. Rode over 2200 miles in 5 days with not one issue with French drivers or poor roads, only then to get sideswiped by White-van-****-man on the way up the A1 from Folkestone yesterday.

Yup it's what i reckon they were made for Mike. Roads with no cars and endless bends etc...

Got back from my France trip yesterday. Rode over 2200 miles in 5 days with not one issue with French drivers or poor roads, only then to get sideswiped by White-van-****-man on the way up the A1 from Folkestone yesterday.

Sorry to here that, you and the bike ok?

Sorry to here that, you and the bike ok?

Thanks Big_ham

Yes, just... was very close. My mate passed him and as I was just getting level with his door pillar when he just pulled into my lane. Was made even more hairy as I'd dropped the bike in a french forercourt the day before and had no front brake lever to rely on.

super shot :):)

Thank you G&A

beautifull shots.
how do you fit paniers on that?:D

Ventura Luggage mate - the best stuff out there. very versatile and so rigid you hardly know it's there. 10 mins utes fit or remove. Wouldn't have anything else now.

Back