Soap Bubbles

Name
Steve (Being Kind)
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I would try this idea after seeing CReids excellent shots. http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=198460 Used his idea of two peices of photo frame siliconed together, filled with soapy water, background was coloured paper and lite with off cam flash. The first shot is the setup and the last two are the results.

4308226541_1fa2ac1369.jpg

4308955510_e5e4b39f14.jpg

4308216595_c863faf24b.jpg

And yes in the first shot the quality of my silicone around the edges of the frame is indeed impressive. :D

Thats really impressive, and a nice result. Could you get any closer and concentrate on less bubbles though?

(y) My madness is spreading :bonk: I use a large folding bulldog clip to make a temporary stand (clip it to the bottom) so you can then keep the "tank" upright, then you can just fill it halfway with soapy water, give it a jiggle and you get a layer of bubbles.

Carl

I see your method, yes. Bubbles seem to last longer if laid down though. Must try some black dye in them, was impressed with your shot of that.

I see your method, yes. Bubbles seem to last longer if laid down though. Must try some black dye in them, was impressed with your shot of that.

Aye, adding dye really brings out the structure in these:

Red looks amazing:

p915852067-3.jpg

as does the blue:

p716335509-3.jpg

I use the cheapest "Dr Oekter" food dye from Tesco, usually about 50p per bottle.

Carl

Very nice, was thinking a black dye against the blue of mine would look good. I love the red one, let the madness continue..............:D

Fantastic Captures i really Like No.3 Very sharp And Crisp And Great colours Very well done

Kirk

Very nice, was thinking a black dye against the blue of mine would look good. I love the red one, let the madness continue..............:D

Love the colour of your background in #3 BTW. It's also fun to mix the colours a bit, I use a syringe to "place" my drops precisely on top of the foam and you can control how they mix pretty accurately. Red and blue work well together as does blue and black, I've found green food dye a bit weak (colour wise) and it looks a bit wish washy.
One final tip, if you use your "tank" upright with a bit of soapy water you can apply one set of dye, then when you've done just give it a shake and dye dissolves in the water and you get a new layer of white froth, kind of like a Etch-a-sketch!

Cool, cheers Carl.(y)

Well I've had a Blue Peter day today making a light tent out of a cardboard box and greaseproof paper and looks like I will be having another tomorrow making a bubble tank ............ I suppose I should stop procrastinating and get the camera out:LOL:

Great shots btw Ste

Last edited:
Thanks to Carls cool crazy idea I too went out a bought some glass and silicone and now have a mini tank to get these cool captures, and I must say very impressive.
Today I spent many an hour playing with concoctions and potions to get some (what I think) are great shots - post coming they are part of my 52 weeks project,
watch this space ;)

ps cheers Carl not only for the idea but sharing your shots too ;)

Thanks to Carls cool crazy idea I too went out a bought some glass and silicone and now have a mini tank to get these cool captures, and I must say very impressive.
Today I spent many an hour playing with concoctions and potions to get some (what I think) are great shots - post coming they are part of my 52 weeks project,
watch this space ;)

ps cheers Carl not only for the idea but sharing your shots too ;)

Brilliant!! I can't wait to see the results :)

Back