software to check shutter count

Name
rick
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this in the right section.
I want to check my mkll shutter count what is the best software to do this with .

cheers Rick

i've downloaded that - but where does it show the shutter count?

The tabs across the top, choose the EXIF one, then look towards the bottom for Total shutter actuations, or something like that.

It stumped me at first as well.

nope - can't see it on mine :(

does the image still need to be "in" the camera?

Just open a jpeg file within the software, then click on the second tab along and scroll to the bottom of the data shown.

it doesn't work with Canon.

Just open a jpeg file within the software, then click on the second tab along and scroll to the bottom of the data shown.

done that but it's not shown.

There was software out to reveal the count on a 1DII but it was fairly unreliable/inconsistent.

I used the normal EXIF viewer app I downloaded for my Mac, that worked fine on my 1DII, but it had to be a jpg I think (The shutter died at about 100k)

It's a zip file that needs unzipping.

Just right click on the file and extract it in Windows.

-Rob

The 1DII embeds the shutter count into the meta data, the 20D doesn't.

If you're still stuck, and want to try 1dcount, I can email you a copy - it's freeware and small 270kb ish zipped.

-Rob

cheers rob i have got it working but it says cant find a activation count on jpeg.

down loaded photome but cant see where it says shutter count .

Opanda dont think that can be right as it is showing my 50d as 60,000 and its only 3 months old and more like under 1000.:thumbsdown:

down loaded photome but cant see where it says shutter count .

Open Photome, look at the bottom of the screen, there's a 'find' box. Start typing 'shutter' into that box, and all should be revealed :)

-Rob

Back