Some Arty Shots of my Astra Turbo!

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well today I lowered the coilovers further, washed the car and went for a blast in the country for some pictures.

Tried out a few different techniques for the pictures and here are my favourites.

Hope you like them....

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

Also went to Tesco's after and snapped this one....

6-1.jpg

Comments welcome as always :)

Sammy

Last edited:
please be gentle, im very new and am learning from what i read on here and in a book i bought. I know they are not as slick as most of the car pics on here but im keen to practice and appreciate any help :)

Interesting shots but too much post processing for my liking.

This have the 1.6 turbo from the Corsa VXR?

Colin

i dont normally process them so much but this was the look i was going for this time :) just practicing :)

the engine is the same as the VXR astra. Its a 2.0l turbo petrol :) 180bhp

I like number 4 - perhaps a bit more centre... I also love the carpark one, shame the spot lights where not on

I would recommend hiding your n.plate... but that is just me

it does :) well the corsa vxr is only 190bhp.

with mine not being the VXR, vauxhall reduced the size of the turbo amongst other parts so the power is slightly less :)

a remap will take it to about 220bhp, which is on my list of things to do :)

it does :) well the corsa vxr is only 190bhp.

with mine not being the VXR, vauxhall reduced the size of the turbo amongst other parts so the power is slightly less :)

a remap will take it to about 220bhp, which is on my list of things to do :)

Ah makes sense now.

Yer remap will increase the BHP quite on a decent turboed car :D

Number 5 for me, like a few others have said, not too keen on the post processing, but I do like the shot itself.

4 and 5 have got something going for them but I think really the rest are snaps. Hope you had fun trying some new processing *** - fwiw wouldn't say they looked overprocessed, just that the starting point wasn't ever really there.

For me the car's best angle is side on, reckon the high contrast looks great and those wheels finish it off. If you're shooting it again, is there anywhere you can park it and shoot undisturbed for half hour or so. I'd probably look for a simple BG - even a wall would do for starters as long as it's not pale and it fills the frame. Nail a shot of the side, one of the front three quarters (like 5) and then concentrate on some detail shots :)

Back