some birds

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
not the best of pic's, but i was glad to catch the robin..
using 100-400 handheld, boy they get heavy after awhile :LOL:
robin.jpg

on a kids slide
IMG_8235Medium.jpg

having a bath
IMG_8236Medium.jpg

Hiya chris

They all seem to be a bit soft to me, not sure what range these were at:shrug: Perhaps needed a tripod rather than handheld.

It looks like you got the focus on the post in the Robin shot, the bin on the magpie and the slide on the last one.

Not too bad an effort but keep trying (y) It's the only way :D

The last one looks like it has just come down the slide and nosedived :LOL:

Yep I agree with birdy, the exif says, (last 2), 400mm 1/200th and f/5.6 a faster shutter speed or a tripod would help I feel as well. and of course as Robin pointed out, you seem to have "missed the focal point a little

yup there bit naff,
robin on post about 40ft, last two guessing 80ft ,?

ill keep trying :bonk:

i was sitting in the front room ,with just the lens poking out the window,
sure the people next door think i am a spy or something,they said they see plenty like that from there homeland :D

Don't worry
Got loads of naff ones my self :LOL:

Only loads? :shrug:
You haven't seen my "collection" then :D
As Robin say's it'll come in time (y)

They are much better Chris (y)
The trick is to try and get the focus on the eyes, that way the rest of it should be nice and sharp.
Keep going and learning, it's great fun :D

i ve been trying that, red focus dot on the eye some time get it ,but most not

Same here Chris, it is not easy but every now and then you get one that is spot on and you forget the 100 that were crud :LOL:(y)

tryin to lure them with a bag of nutts an bread tried to a washing line pole.
i ll be back ;)

Last edited:
Cute look on the 2nd Robin - this and the Starling & ducks are a big improvement from the 1st images.

Tom

cheers tom, i am glad there getting better,
here some i took this mornning
IMG_9589.jpg

IMG_9619.jpg

IMG_9636.jpg

Last edited:
Getting better all the time.......(y)

cheers,think i need to get 1.4 conv or 2x conv
them last three on the pole 20ft away ,at 400mm 1/100 f9

Last edited:
Here is a bird pic from me. My first ever Coal Tit, and this was snapped in Cyprus, where I recently went for my holiday! :D

DSCF4576.jpg

Your getting better. There is definate improvment in the shots. You think your going to get in trouble. I was taking shots of blue tits out of my bedroom window. The camera was pointing at a neighbours bedroom window. If they saw me I would get in big trouble :LOL:

Your getting better. There is definate improvment in the shots. You think your going to get in trouble. I was taking shots of blue tits out of my bedroom window. The camera was pointing at a neighbours bedroom window. If they saw me I would get in big trouble

thank you,i think my neighbours are getting used to it now ,lol

Back