some cars trying to fast, and me trying to photograph them

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes

i tried a different approach..ditched the auto sports mode..and went for a more 'manuel' mode..where i went to the settings in a 'point and shoot' mode and altered some stuff..like the focusing etc..

i think it seems to have worked..although the first couple seem a little dark..have to find time to brighten it up a bit in PS.

any comments etc welcome

:)

i would say never use the sports mode. it speeds the shutter speed up to freeze the action, which is the one thing you dont want to be doing.
even portrait mode would work better :)
if you've got a setting where you can adjust the shutter speed i would suggest using that and try to reduce the shutter speed to a low as you can handle it :)

dont think i can adjust the shutter speed on its own..a simple 5200 coolpix is what i use. But i can adjust it by adjusting the different settings to get a different shutter speed.

:)

in that case, those photos are excellent :)

i guess that probably some kind of landscape setting would work well for motorsport.. basically anything other than the sports setting :)

in that case, those photos are excellent :)

i guess that probably some kind of landscape setting would work well for motorsport.. basically anything other than the sports setting :)

Yeah..think i figured that out the other day when i took these..thats the sports mode is not the setting you need for sports..as strange as it may sound :bonk:

The sports setting is designed for shooting sports which you will want to freeze the action in, This is fine for football and other such sports but motorsports it leaves you with cars that might as well be parked.

A slower shutter speed for cars helps you get the background blured with motion, a landscape mode should work well as it would have a smallish aperture which should slow the shutter speed down from the sports mode.

Back