Some critique please :)

T

The Edge

icy4.jpg

Cheers :)

Needs more DoF and could be a little sharper.

Tell us your exposure and aperture settings please as well as any other EXIF data that may be appropriate.

Exif should still be embedded.

0.7secs @ f8 ISO 100 50mm + extension tubes.

I agree that it could be a little sharper but if I was going to change the DoF I'd have a little less if anything and just concentrate of the closest bit of detail.

That would of course be a totally different shot to yours and one you might not like at all. :)

From an exposure point of view I think it's a pretty tricky subject handled well. The highlights are nicely captured with just enough detail into the deep shadow to let us know what's what.

It's making me feel very cold now though, so I'm off to look at some holiday brochures. ;)

yeah i think a touch more USM would have done it, i also think its not quite focused on the bit that it would feel right focusing on?!

I find a very fine line with USM between just right and overdone ;)

I take the point about the point of focus too.

Hoping for some more frosty mornings, i've never really done that many macros and these look great done properly :D

If that's a first attempt, then it's a bl00dy good one.

It's not a first attempt, but macros were never my thing until i got my new kit earlier this year.

I've not had much time for piccies through the summer so i'm very much still learning :)

Back