some dorset shots....

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
a selection of shots i took at dorset this week...never been to these places before,so did the best i could with the light available..hope you like!

C+C welcome...

durdle door and beach..

durdledoor.jpg

the beach to the east of durdle..

DSC01277.jpg

kimmeridge bay sunset..

kimmeridgebaysunset.jpg

light shafts in the arne reserve..

arneforest.jpg

thanks for looking.

Hi Stan

This is a good set. You've done well with the available light but for me No.4 has that wow factor. Terrific shot well captured.

Paul

Hi Stan
No 4 for me too.
Well done !
Heading down to Lyme Regis next weelk - hope to bag a few shots myself.

I like all of those, no 1 in particular though, lovely light on the rocks, nice effect on the sea too.

I think with the levels adjusted the revised shot seems a little more autumnal? Levels aside though, it's the composition that makes the shot what it is. Ace capture!

Some great shots Stan, loving the first and the last. This is one of my favourite areas to visit. (y)

The original last (if you follow) does it for me, great atmosphere. out of interest, which of the two forest scenes is the closest to how the light actually was?

Tara

I like number 3 - the sunset. It reminds me why I live down here. Portland even looks good on the horizon (normally we say it looks best in heavy fog - so we can't see it from the kitchen window :D )

The colours are just right for many of the evenings we get here and I like steel blue of the sea with the odd glint of sunlight.

Thanks for posting it.

B.

thanks hobbytog,rockshifter and andy fuji...much appreciate your comments.should have replied sooner but got caught up with everything (y)

also thanks to chewy,jenny,alby,yantorsen,tara,ben,hucknall and spencer...much appreciate your comments(y)

spencer..number 3 was not as i wanted as the cloud you see to the right in shot covered the sun before it dissapeared behind the horizon,ruining my intended shot,but as we know..things go wrong with all the best plans in photography..

number 2 was just killing time really as we were on the door well before we needed to be,so i was just playing with the camera.when i return though,i hope to get it with the best light available ;).

dorset is truly a magical place,and one where i would love to live,or even visit more often.you guys that live there are really lucky in my opinion :clap:

out of interest, which of the two forest scenes is the closest to how the light actually was?

Tara

hi tara,i'd say it was maybe somewhere in between the two..it was a sunny day,but as i was in the wooded area,i was in shade.white balance was set to auto,which got it a bit wrong i would say,but perhaps i should have used cloudy or shade setting.a problem i'm having is remembering to change the white balance going into a change in lighting,so i seem to let it stay in auto :bonk:

Stan, I'm guilty of the same thing, and when ever I change it after the fact (raw files) it never looks "right"

Tara

Back