Some editing help

Edit My Images
Yes
I am still very new to Photoshop so can anyone tell me is there any way of putting these two pics together basically I want the foreground from one pic and the background from the other.

Or is it not possible??

fvr2.jpg

fvr3.jpg

I use Paint Shop Pro, but I think the method will be similar in Photoshop. Here's how I do it...

I open the background image, then paste the foreground image as a new layer above it. Then I start to erase the sky, and other unwanted parts, using the magic wand and other selection tools. The original sky then starts to show through from the layer below. You can also do this with masks but I find this method easier. Then you can merge and flatten the layers.

Hope this helps :)

It is possible, but you will have to be a little more explicit. IE which way round, how far back, or just the skyline.

is this the art history brush? must give it a go

I'm not familiar with the 'art history' brush. After creating the second layer, just make a selction with any of the selection tools, hit the Delete key, and see what happens.

give it a quick go think it looks ok will get more time at it later on

fvrus.jpg

Very possible. Its a common technique.
Looks like you want to merge two different exposures. Its something that people do all the time.

Here's my 5 min fiddle

fvr3fix.jpg

Roughly:

- load both images
- pull image1 onto image2 to get 2 layers
- duplicate the lighter of the 2 images to a new layer
- use curves to change this new layer to a silhouette then use magic brush to select the sky
- the selected area then is used as a layer mask for (either) one image
(the silhouetted layer can be turned off or deleted now)
- bit of fettling with the mask -> paint with a soft brush in Black/White
- flatten the final image
- saturation and sharpen

Back