Some Feedback required.

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a couple pictures from today and would love some C&C.

Thanks in advance.

race01.jpg

race02.jpg

Hi rgrebby
Shot looks fine. Subject and background adding to context / story.
Looks as if the camera is struggling with the light and you'd have been better using flash.

Mmm, interesting, used flash ... are you sure ?
Checked the EXIF and indicated flash didn't fire.

Wasn't sure if you had deliberately set out to create this look.

Oh, didn't know that.
Still, looks as if something is not quite there.
What do you feel about the shots ?

I like the feel / atmosphere of the 1st shot but find the reflection on canopy '3' near his right eye a bit distracting.

I really like them both, the first one is personally my fav though. I think you can see the vehicles behind him more clearly, to me they are more indentifiable. In the second shot I think they look a little bit more cluttered.

This is just another personal thought too, but I think the second one would look pretty awesome if you had gotten his whole body in the shot from that angle.
They are still both great shots though!

I think you are right, the first one is better and im happier with that one.
Only thing I do notice is that zoomed in they could be a touch sharper but that might be the lens.

Thanks for the input though guys.

The first one shows him in better context, but he's too tight to the left of the frame. If you had moved a little to the right you could have centred his head between the two yellow stripes behind.

I like the second one more, but you've lost a little of the context and now he has a big white stripe growing out of his head.

Hope that doesn't come across too negative, I like both of them but you could have improved both with a little more attention to the background.

I thought I would post another shot of the garage, personally I didnt like the pose as much but im interested in what people think.

race03.jpg

I prefer the 2nd shot in the OP.
The point of view is nice and looks kind of menacing with a bit of attitude.

Can I ask where the point of focus is on these? I'm having serious doubts about my monitor tonight as I'm seeing some unusual results on some shots. To me, it appears to be the nearside wing of car 23 and the chap's face looks a bit soft as a result at that aperture. Is it just me :shrug: I think I may have to swap to my 19" monitor.

Back