Some from Cornwall

Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd share some of these with you.... c&c welcomed but not expected as I've been a lazy little sod recently and haven't been commenting on others stuff :embarasse

cross_silhouette.jpg

Gorse_silhouette.jpg

perranporth_mono.jpg

Tintagel_Silhouette.jpg

tintagel_silhouette2.jpg

tintagel_sunset.jpg

As you can see, silhouette was the theme for the weekend!

First and the last appeal - the first one could be used in a certain contest;)

Looks great with the flare going up through the cloud instead of the more normal downward shine, particularly as it reaches up to the cross. Colours are spot on too.

Last one, quite a large crop but the etheral feel of the land fading into the distance and that golden coating to everything is very well captured.

All good but the first and last or my favourites;)
:thumb:

I love the first, third and last ones. One thing though - the first one could really have done with a little bit of fill-in flash. Would have finished it off perfectly, I reckon...

EDIT: Just looked at it again. Despite what I just said, it really is a SUPERB shot :thumb:

A good set of moody shots. Shot number three would look good in a square format, losing most of the bright bit in the corner but just leaving enough to add interest to the picture. Although the sky is dramatic with its dark clouds in the last shot, I would love to see it cropped to a panorama to just above the first white cloud or indeed to just below it. A very viewable set of images, lovely clean lines. :)

They are all very good, but I really like No1, very dramatic... excellent shot :)

Mike

Like shot#1 & 3, although #1 has to be banned from latest theme ;)

DJW said:
Like shot#1 & 3, although #1 has to be banned from latest theme ;)
Its not that you have to worry about, its the even better one he's held back ;)

Thanx for sharing these great shots Ghandi - a great selection and all well executed. First & second do it for me !

Whereabouts were you ?

Venomator said:
Thanx for sharing these great shots Ghandi - a great selection and all well executed.First & second do it for me !

Whereabouts were you ?

Thanks for the positive comments peeps.

They were all shot at Tintagel, save for the one of the beach, and that was Perranporth. Cornwall is one of my favourite places after Scotland, I do find it incredibly difficult to do it justice with landscapes though. Scotland you can pretty much point the camera in any direction and there is a beautiful vista. Cornwall requires a little more work on my part. Or maybe just skill I don't have, yet!

First for me, cracking shot :)

lovely stuff Ghandi!

Back