Some from the garden

Edit My Images
No
We've just fitted a bird feeder in the garden and it's bringing birds to the garden like never before - they're forming queues to jump on the perches :D So of course this is a great opportunity to play with my zoom lens and try something new. These are just for fun but any comments are welcome. I think I was a little aggressive with cropping in one or two of these shots

:eek: ... indeed they are... :D ... that's because you are using sunflower hearts and they all love them to bits... ;) ... if I were you I would empty out what looks like other stuff in the left hand feeder cos it will just go to waste and, as you can see, is not interesting the birds at all !

Be prepared as this will cost you a fortune to keep topped up... :cautious:

:p

Nice selection of birds you have there and a good start. Now you have the feeders, try setting up an old tree branch near the feeders that the birds can use as a perch while they wait for a free feeding slot and focus your camera on the perch. The result will look more natural.

Whooooooooooo!! well done:D Greenfinch`s Goldfinch`s and all sorts. as Donna said a natural perch would be good, it will pay you to check out the besty deal on bulk buying sunflower seeds cos you wont keep up with them :rules:

Thanks for the comments and suggestion :D Finding a perch shouldn't be too hard and if I can shoot from a different angle I could probably do that quite easily. All of these were taken from my upstairs bedroom window though in a "There's birds in the garden! Quick, where's my camera?!" kind of way. As soon as I go near the back door to the garden they hear me and fly away!

Well as they are relatively newcomers to your place it might be worth asap to set up some kind of hide about a couple of metres from where you intend to stick up a natural perch, it does not have to be a fully enclosed one either. I have for instance a sheet of camo net which can be hung up draped across between bean poles if needed, if you are able to set something up outdoors then just pay attention to where the sun comes up and goes down.

Back