Some from the Yorkshire Moors / Whitby today...

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Any thoughts? Nothing been done in PP, apart from a little rotate to get the little bit of horizon level, and a sharpen (using the unsharp mask, which I still can't get my head around :wacky:)

NorthYorkMoors1.jpg

C&C always welcome :help:

i like the lighting in this image :)

however, i don't think the houses fit the picture i'm finding them a little distracting.

I like that Matt,

Would only maybe boos the levels to add a bit of punch to the colours, but other than that all I'd do myself is burn the sky a little a get some nice drama added ;)

Dan

I wouldn't rush to get rid of the houses.

Guess i'm out voted :) and tbh i wouldn't even try to clone them out my editing skills aren't that good. I would have tried to make the wall more of a feature and compose the houses out of it. However, u can't always do that cos of available standing space.

i feel the wall has more character than the houses thats all. :)

Re : The first one, I like the houses in it personally. I would give it a levels adjustment (or curves), to boost the contrast a bit :)

The post above this...In the first one, it looks like you've broken the golden rule of dodging and burning (well I say its a golden rule...but its just something Ive learnt to stick to).

Only ever burn shadows, and dodge highlights. Never the other way round, or you end up with murky midtones.
It looks like youve done some burning to the highlights, especially to the top right perhaps?
Great composition though :), as are the others.

Back