Some helicopter photos

Name
John Moncrieff
Edit My Images
Yes
Some helicopter shots from the airport I work at...

Shiny new Coastguard Sikorsky S92
G-CGOC2.jpg

Good ol' Sikorsky S61
64.jpg

Bristow S92 (with fellow forum member, Pooks, hard at work:p )
69.jpg

Danish Navy Lynx
67.jpg

Bristow Tiger in for a night refuel (I'm going to try and do this again but with the tripod and a lower ISO)
G-TIGF.jpg

John

Jealous of were you work! First is my favourite mainly due to it being shiny and new, the difference between it and the second is nice.

Wow, love these. Number 1 and 3 are my faves......with number 3 almost looking camouflaged, especially with the surroundings too. Well done. (y)

No.1 and and 4 for me (y) You need to clone off the other 'copter tail in the first though.

Its twenty years since I've been to Sumburgh airport - God that makes me feel old. Nearly ran over an otter rushing to catch the BA red-eye!

Looking forward to seeing more images from you.

I like the first one best. I've got a mate who works for CHC up there I think, we did our SeaKing courses together, Rob something or other. Don't suppose you know him do you?

S92s look very shiney and new, I reckon there'll be a lot more of them around in 2012.

I like the first one best. I've got a mate who works for CHC up there I think, we did our SeaKing courses together, Rob something or other. Don't suppose you know him do you?

S92s look very shiney and new, I reckon there'll be a lot more of them around in 2012.

Don't know many of the CHC guys except for some who moved across from a Bristows when the SAR contract changed. Hopefully I'll get a run in the S92 some day - was up in the old 'Oscar Charlie' years ago - really enjoyed it(y)

Some more pics..
HL.jpg

DSC_0812.jpg

DSCF3824g.jpg

DSC_2009.jpg

cool photos :) ive been in the s61 lifted from one of our ribs in weymouth harbour.

Some great shots there!

Puma also my fav!(y)

Some excellent captures in this series... the snowy one is just great
I wonder what was the Danish Lynx doing all the way out there!!!!
cheers Chris

The Danish navy has them based on patrol vessels they operate around Faroe and Iceland. I'm guessing a bit, but I think they may come in here for fuel if they are on excercise in the area, or going back to Denmark for maintenance.

I'm hoping for some more snow soon:D

Back