Some lightning pics

ppp

Edit My Images
Yes
Got these from a storm last night, took some 900 pics on continuous shooting over course of about 20mins and got six pics here are my 2 favourite.

They are noisy due to high ISO as it was 1.30am and pitch black.

lightning2.jpg

lightning3.jpg

Have just cropped and sharpenned, your comments are always welcome.

thanks

As there isn't much fine detail, they could probably take quite a hefty pass with a noise reduction program such as Noise ninja or neatimage.

Good captures though, have you seen Arkady's post about the minigun? Might be of interest to you ;) ;)

Seriously though, i'd have probably just stopped the lens right down and gone for some long exposures on bulb. you could've taken the iso back down to 200 and captured some multiflashes.

Having said that I'm in no position to criticise or offer assistance, I don't have one decent lightening image :) :) :) :)

Thanks Ghandi, I must admit, i was literally just about to get into bed and saw a couple of flashes and thought sod it, grabbed the camera and ran into the garden. I thought of high iso cos it was pitch black and manual focus because it was the sky and auto focus obviously couldn't focus on anything. I set it to shutter priority and give it a really fast shutter speed. In hindsight, next time i would grab the tripod and use the remote and set to say 15 to 30 sec timed exposure and use a normal iso speed.

Does the D50 have a bulb setting??

Thanks for the comments will have a look at the minigun.

ppp said:
Does the D50 have a bulb setting??

yes :)

keep spinning the shutter (i and u is too close together for that word) speed select till you get to bulb. You have to be in M mode btw.

excellent will try that thanks orangepeel

Back