Some Long Exposure Shots

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
As practise from my last photography lesson last week, we were doing long exposures capturing car light trails. I thought I'd have a go at the local motorway which is 2 mins walk, but forgot a) its freezing and b) it was really quite on the roads.

Anywho, here is what I came up with, also got a couple of other odd shots,

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

3. This was taken on long exposure and no flashes, there was a bright spot light to the top left
IMG_9768.jpg

4. done using a bright LED torch
IMG_9777.jpg

All C&C welcome

Regards
Matt

You will get much better results with light trails if you get there just after sunset (y) as then you can get some great colours in the sky (y) on the last one you need to light it more with the torch (y) it is currently very under exposed, also maybe think more about your composition (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks, I'll have to try it next week when I'm off, as I'm usually at work during sunset at the moment.

Cheers

Can't say much more than Matt has already done.... the basics are there - just need to work on the details. (y)

If yuo go around duck time, you may need a grad ND to balance out the sky........ (or take two pics and merge in photoshop)

I don't have a ND so might have to take two shots and merge.

The bike one was more of a quick practise really, as I was walking back from the motorway I glanced over and saw me bike and thought hey why not have a go lighting it with a torch, so was really looking at angles and comp more about the technique and working out how to light it etc.

How could I make the phone booth more moody and erry looking?

Thanks all

Last edited:
Back