Some monkey business and a nice ass

S

stupot

Decided to treat my girlfriend to a nice day out and took our friends daughter Ellen as well, we went to Marwell Zoo.

An excuse to try out my cheapo zoom -Sigma 70-300 apo dg, method in my madness as she wont often venture out with me if i have my camera in tow!

My plan backfired as i ended up carrying ellen most of the way round so i didnt get to take many photos. But heres a few i did manage.

Cheers for looking.

monkey_marwell2.jpg

monkey_marwell.jpg

Marwell_samali_ass.jpg

leopard_marwell.jpg

prefer the last 2, doneky shot is very clear!

actually, is that a Zeedonk??

thanks for your comments, i think the sign said is was a 'wild samali ass' oooo eeerr missus! :naughty:

moomike said:
Really nice shots.
The second image colour is really nice & the sharpness of the asses (sounds a bit wierd but I can't think of any other way of phrasing it) - you definately did that lens proud. :)

Indeed, I have that lens, as does Matty...and to pull off a shot like that @ 1/320 @ 300mm and only f6.3 Deserves a round of applause :clap:

(Unless you tell us they were plastic and the lens was tripod mounted :p)

Seriously...What sort of sharpening have you done to them? I ask is because mine gives me quite disappointing results, especially at 300mm and below f7.1 (I won't even go into my inability to stay still at 1/focal length....lol)

Now that is a nice Ass !

First monkey is a bit woolly ... through glass ?

Second is really good with great colouration and it is crisp.

And for a zoo shot the leopard (?) is pretty good too !

But the Ass takes the biscuit ! And normally anything else it can get its teeth into !

thank for your comments guys

From Marcel Seriously...What sort of sharpening have you done to them?
Marcel you probably wont believe this but the only tweek i've done on the No. 3 (the asses) is a tweek with contrast and brightness and no tripod

From Venomator First monkey is a bit woolly ... through glass ?
No they were actually not enclosed, i think both monkey shots were taken with them sat on a fence and me about a metre or so away.
The leopard was through glass and have clone stamped a few smears on the glass out

I read some posts that some copies of this lens can be very good good above 200mm so i think i must be one of the lucky ones, not bad for £120 from Onestop.

Some nice pics there.

<Insert obligatory pussy joke here re: shot #4>

Back