some more flower macros

Hi Mandy

of the set posted I think 1# has the most potential.....crop the oof bit from the bottom & a small amount from one side to take it off central & you'll improve the look of the image ,the daisy itself seem sharp enough & the colors look spot on (y)

The 2nd shot seems a bit oof.....were you using a tripod ? Macro is much easier generally if you do...even a cheapy from fleabay will help , plus put your camera on self time to let it settle before taking the shot

The 3rd one ,you've got a lovely oof background or bokeh as they round these parts & a nice angle :) Still slightly too central in the frame & again looks a little soft

Hope some of this helps & doesn't come across as harsh...just trying to be honest & help (y)

hi thanks for your comments....... i took these shots with out the aid of my tripod i do happen to have one. And as mentioned these pics are just straight off the camera not been through any off my editing software i am a bit of a dab hand in the world of adobe Photoshop. i have only been using my slr for 2 years i haven't been to photography school or done any courses what i know so far i have taught my self, and i know i am not fantastic so i see peoples in a positive constructive manor and will put every ones advice to good use so i can improve with a bit more knowledge and practice.

Thanks i am going to start going through all my photos i have taken and have a better look at them and then save the best efforts to disc.......... may take me a long time will have to recruit help.

I think these have potential, but try not to have the main subject central :shrug: It spoil's the look of the shot

Les (y)

ps - like this

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or does the first one has a little bit to much yellow? Maybe adjust the color balance? Could also be my screen as I'm using my travel laptop.

Back