Some more recent shots from me...

Edit My Images
Yes
Obviously water drops here! Haven't posted any on here for a while... I apologise if the flickr people are bored of them :bonk:

Click to enlarge.

First, two from tonight. Got a 1/11 keeper rate!

Floater with not such a good form :(

Refraction:

Angi's idea, I still life... ..with a difference ;)

A colour-editted collision (editted in GIMP)

And a cute little floating red one:

Having a second flash has really helped with the lighting and colour possibilities :D

Mate, the usual big (y) from me - I'm still waiting for the big "3" btw :p Love the mushroom idea and now you've got your technique nailed the possibilites are endless...

They are all up to your usual high standards :) I have got my 18-55 lens now so hopefully I will get some time over the weekend to practice. Even bought some food dye :LOL:

Mate, the usual big (y) from me - I'm still waiting for the big "3" btw :p Love the mushroom idea and now you've got your technique nailed the possibilites are endless...

Thanks Carl :) And haha! Well.. well... maybe I should have a go then at 3 in one photo :eek: It'll take SO many photos to do... but would be purty :D

And yep, lots of possibilities... only thing is, I am rubbish at coming up with ideass! :(

Really like the mushroom and last one :)

Thanks!

They are all up to your usual high standards :) I have got my 18-55 lens now so hopefully I will get some time over the weekend to practice. Even bought some food dye :LOL:

And woop! I have a stash of food dye for all possibilities... ran out of blue though and it's nowhere to be found in shops :(

tell you what I want!..........I want 8 drops, view from top, and it to form a smiley face lol....I wouldnt put it past you! lol

tell you what I want!..........I want 8 drops, view from top, and it to form a smiley face lol....I wouldnt put it past you! lol

Oh now thats just mean:naughty:

Wow Ash 1 in 11, I'm soooo jealous. I didnt take any today, maybe tomorrow...
Really liking the first one and the red one.

I really will have to have another go at these... How do you have the 2 flashes arranged?

Superb Ash...

The Still life shot combined with the droplets.. Now THAT is controversial hehehe - SUPERB!

Hahaha! Now that might be pushing it ;)

Here's a face for ya though :p

4331416738_0720d49823.jpg

Wow Ash 1 in 11, I'm soooo jealous. I didnt take any today, maybe tomorrow...
Really liking the first one and the red one.

Thanks Angi :D Yeh set up seems pretty perfect really :)

I really will have to have another go at these... How do you have the 2 flashes arranged?

With the blue/yellow ones? In general, for water splodges they're arranged pointing at a reflector behind the drop. For milk, one or both is pointing directly onto the splodge zone. For the blue/yellow ones, one was pointing behind the splodge onto a blue folder, and t'other pointing to the right of it onto a yellow folder, to bring the yellowness of the collision out :D

Superb Ash...

The Still life shot combined with the droplets.. Now THAT is controversial hehehe - SUPERB!

Thanks Ian!

Haha.. if it all ends in tears, it was angi's idea! Take her not me! :LOL:

More excellent work here Ash, really good (y) I haven't done these for months but need to get back into them before I forget how ..;) This high speed stuff really is ...... fun :D

Steve

Fantastic water shots, I keep meaning to have a crack at this, and put it off as I hear its both frustrating and time consuming to get results.
The veg shot has fantastic colour too (y)

They are all pants Ash cause I now know how it's done! There is a shop on Fleabay that sells plastic dropcollisions of various colors cheap as chips (I think they are from china).

Seriously I am in awe of your drop collisions simply because you do it all manually no electronic devices for you. As much as I try i cannot get even one little collision.
How high is your shutter count now?

Allan

More excellent work here Ash, really good (y) I haven't done these for months but need to get back into them before I forget how ..;) This high speed stuff really is ...... fun

Steve

Thanks Steve, yeh I love this sort of stuff :) The sort of stuff you wouldn't normally see "in real life", as such. I'd like to see some more from you (y)

Fantastic water shots, I keep meaning to have a crack at this, and put it off as I hear its both frustrating and time consuming to get results.
The veg shot has fantastic colour too (y)

Thank you :) It is both that: fustrating and time consuming... and shutter consuming :LOL:

Stunning, the best water droplet shots I've seen (y)

Thank so much! :D

What a teriffic shot, thanks for posting.

Dave

Thank you too :) I do like that one.

Wow more stunners, love the last one.

I like the floaters too, they're the hardest to get.

They are all pants Ash cause I now know how it's done! There is a shop on Fleabay that sells plastic dropcollisions of various colors cheap as chips (I think they are from china).

Allan SHH! You'll let everyone know my secret! :nono:

Seriously I am in awe of your drop collisions simply because you do it all manually no electronic devices for you. As much as I try i cannot get even one little collision.
How high is your shutter count now?

Allan

Hahaha, thanks so much Allan! I have just ordered my self the HiViz Photogate timer, so I can have a play with that. Might be able to get a near 1/1 rate, to save my shutter!

Shutter count is now at nearly 16k, I've had the camera since November :eek:

The still life one is an excellent genre mashup. Really nice idea and captured really well.

Back