Name
Laura
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_9999_76editL.jpg

IMG_9999_120L.jpg

IMG_9999_50L.jpg

IMG_9999_10editL.jpg

2nd shot has a nice feel to it, very urban & fitting with the theme - shame about the clipped tips of the shoes & the slightly blown areas (I'm being majorly picky there though!) but overall I'd say this shot is the best of the set & very nicely captured imho (y)
I like the 1st shot too but some part of my mind is thinking "chromatic aberration" just because of the purple colouring along the edges of his top - I don't imagine anyone but a photographer would think this though :bonk:

3rd & 4th shots are nice but don't seem as creative as the other two.

I bet they were happy with the shots, looks like you had a good day (y)

Well when I was doing the shoot for the guys in the 3rd & 4th pics, it was minus 5 degrees and we were all starting to freeze, so the shoot was very quick. Will be re-shooting in a couple of weeks.

The 1st shot.. the actual shot has a red glow all the way round, because of the lighting in the tunnel. But I fancied having a play with it to try get used to PS a bit more.

Personally as a photo, I like number two, but, and a slight but at that, is that his footwear lets the shot down and it could be a tad to the left of the frame. I know you cant change his shoes, but it helps to learn about the bigger picture I think.

With number one, maybe get the camera on a tripod with a timer and get some movement going behind him, DJ'ing is all about movement imo. Maybe people milling about, if only two moving across at angles, a slow shutter will create multiple subjects and get the deck spinning. I did some stock work for a DJ and we set up in the busiest street in Bristol at 1/10th or slower, locked the focal point on him and let everyone walk around us.

Great stuff Chicca

After reading Pete's post I go back to #1 and think DJ Johnny-No-Mates! :LOL:

#2 is a my fave too, really good composition even though I agree with points above about placement of foot - you live and learn though, eh!

Well done! :clap:

Well I'm still on a steep learning curve but I'm getting out of my comfort zone (nightclub work) every week which has to be good.
There wasn't much I could do about the foot... he was on a low roof after climbing up to it.. I couldn't lever myself any higher because there was a lot of barbed wire... I shall upload the location pic to show you what I mean.

IMG_9999_108L.jpg

Just between the buildings, near the barbed wire, was a little ledge which I used to lift myself up a bit. Really wanted to get higher but had nothing to climb on.

In that last photo you've managed to do colour separation that's not hideously clichéd and obvious. Nice one :)

Back