A few Trains from days gone by
575903619_tGoSX-L.jpg

575903891_b5bef-L.jpg

556260592_3N4Rb-L.jpg

575896462_NGH7i-XL.jpg

515270546_cW29G-XL.jpg

556265507_pg7A8-L.jpg

cheers Chris

Excellent shots Chris. Not so sure about the selective colouring one.

No's 1 and 4 for me - I find that number 1 leads the eye nicely, and has a pleasurable feel to it.

No. 4 just has perfect composition with the old mining-town feel to the houses in the background.

Great shots, but I feel I have to agree with the comments on the selective colouring one - two items that strike me:
1) The bloke in colour is too small and insignificant a detail
2) Don't know what you can do about it, but the water tower (due to it's light shade) dominates the picture more than the train - was the engine colour really that bad?

Also like number 3, but it just doesn't have quite the panache of numbers 1 and 4 [that said, I'd be dead chuffed if it was one of mine!]

Thanks guys... these were all taken around Keighley area in Yorkshire
I know selective colouring is not for everyone and I knew when posting it that some would add comments about it,
I have the full colour version as well and I also like that one - but at the end of the day I guess its each to his own regarding editing and technique's etc

thanks for the comments
Chris

Apart from the selectively coloured 3F these are really good,are they from the K&WVR because I am up there for a day next week and would be grateful for any advice on good locations

Back