Some random people shots...

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Haven't posted much in a while so here we go.

img_9074-edit.jpg

#1 - Stormy Sea @ New Brighton

crw_0256.jpg

#2 - Lord Mayors Parade in Liverpool

img_5899.jpg

#3 - Girl and her pink car.

img_2005.jpg

#4 - Scary looking guy at Streets Ahead event in Liverpool

img_1003-edit.jpg

#5 - Out fishing at New Brighton

img_2127.jpg

#6 - Guys attacking dragons at St Georges Hall

img_6136.jpg

#7 - Girl with balloons on Bold Street

img_8472-1-edit.jpg

#8 - Remember Saro Wiwa

img_7802.jpg

#9 - Hillsborough 19 years on

IMG_8936-Edit.jpg

#10 - A couple at Africa Oye Festival

I have to agree, can't argue with quality.

Nice Pete. :)

Edit:

Loving Number 6.

Speechless mate, cannot fault any of them, but if I may, the first is probably one of the most dramatic shots I've ever seen, truly stunning!

Also loving #8 and the last... Spectacular series, credit where credit's due....

Absolutely stunning. #1 & 3 particularly stick for me.

like these alot (y)

No.1 I'd like to see in colour; the balloon girl one for me would have been better with a much larger apperature.

like these alot (y)

No.1 I'd like to see in colour; the balloon girl one for me would have been better with a much larger apperature.

No1 is pointless in colour. Grey sky. Brown water. No decent light on the kids. There's basically no colour there. The ballon girl is already at f/2.8. Its just so wide.

Shame. Out of interest, what was the focal length and was it a crop body?

EXIF is embedded in them all.

Camera Make: Canon

Camera Model: Canon EOS 30D

Image Date: 2008:04:04 16:26:37

Flash Used: No

Focal Length: 35.0mm

CCD Width: 3.00mm

Exposure Time: 0.0005 s (1/2000)

Aperture: f/2.8

ISO equiv: 100

White Balance: Auto

Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

I think they are absolutely wonderful...really let you see the personalities of the individuals and the atmosphere around them.

#5 is the standout for me - a man and his lighthouse. Great composition and capture. I love the atmosphere of the others, but some of the verticals are off and I'm not sure they carry enough interest to stop me looking for them.

A lovely set of pictures.

I like how you've caught the action in #1. That's the one that stands out for me.

I already said this on IRC but I'll say it here too.

It has been a while since i have seen your work. The last set i saw was some demonstration and some urban landscape you've done last year. The past 6 months i have been practically inactive on these boards (i guess the camera bug went away for a while, starting a new job, got other toys to play with like iphone, new HDTV, 360).....anyway, my point is that this is the first time i've seen your work in a while and I think you have really grown as a photographer.

In the beginning I remember you were very nervous about taking people shots in the street and i remember you doing a little project of just shooting 100 strangers, in some ways a way to overcome that nerve and get used to it, and i can see here that it really shows. So kudos to that :)

Secondly, I knew you've always have a style (HRD or not) but i really start to see it now, the first 8 photos i can immediately associate it with your name without the watermark (can't say the same about the last 2, that is my only criticism, I will come back to this point later). Your work start to have a feel to them, like all great photographers before you, to stand out, you need your own style. I can see a Bresson quality to your photos, well in this case a "Pete Carr" quality. Especially in the 1st and 3rd pic. The moment, the story and the emotion is the most important here and it shows by the bucket load.

My only criticism to this set is the last 2 pic, No.9 isn't perhaps your weakest in the set and i don't think it is particularly good photo either as i don't see the story here, at least not clear enough, perhaps a wide shot of all the flowers and the people would be better, i dunno. The last one although good, it doesn't fit into the tone with the first 8. On its own No.10 are brilliant and I know you mentioned that you are trying out a new Action and I personally would have posted that in a different thread on its own as I think putting it with this set (1-8) weakens it, mainly because the style difference.

Last edited:
EXIF is embedded in them all.
Camera Model: Canon EOS 30D
Focal Length: 35.0mm
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO equiv: 100

Thanks Pete - not sure how to view that myself :bang:

Sort of shot 50mm/1.8 would have been perfect for if it was a full-frame body. Then again I've only ever used film or FF.

Really liking the first one of the second set (y)

For me it is perfect :) Doubt I'll ever get that shot again unless I make it.

I already said this on IRC but I'll say it here too.

It has been a while since i have seen your work. The last set i saw was some demonstration and some urban landscape you've done last year. The past 6 months i have been practically inactive on these boards (i guess the camera bug went away for a while, starting a new job, got other toys to play with like iphone, new HDTV, 360).....anyway, my point is that this is the first time i've seen your work in a while and I think you have really grown as a photographer.

Cheers dude :) Some people have a life. I have a camera ;)

In the beginning I remember you were very nervous about taking people shots in the street and i remember you doing a little project of just shooting 100 strangers, in some ways a way to overcome that nerve and get used to it, and i can see here that it really shows. So kudos to that :)

Its still a bit nerve racking. Standing on a busy street trying to capture a moment always feels like you're sooooo on the spot. Not sure that'll ever go away.

Secondly, I knew you've always have a style (HRD or not) but i really start to see it now, the first 8 photos i can immediately associate it with your name without the watermark (can't say the same about the last 2, that is my only criticism, I will come back to this point later). Your work start to have a feel to them, like all great photographers before you, to stand out, you need your own style. I can see a Bresson quality to your photos, well in this case a "Pete Carr" quality. Especially in the 1st and 3rd pic. The moment, the story and the emotion is the most important here and it shows by the bucket load.

As he's a hero of mine its great that you can pick up on that. :)

My only criticism to this set is the last 2 pic, No.9 isn't perhaps your weakest in the set and i don't think it is particularly good photo either as i don't see the story here, at least not clear enough, perhaps a wide shot of all the flowers and the people would be better, i dunno. The last one although good, it doesn't fit into the tone with the first 8. On its own No.10 are brilliant and I know you mentioned that you are trying out a new Action and I personally would have posted that in a different thread on its own as I think putting it with this set (1-8) weakens it, mainly because the style difference.

With no.9 you need to know that its taken on the 19th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster. I don't know any more than you about the woman but I know she was there to leave that shirt for someone who died. No.10 doesn't quite fit with the rest as its not really street photography. It probably would have been better to post it on its on but I figured its a people shot and I'll whack em all in 1 thread to show what I've been up to recently.

All really top stuff Pete, never mind getting out of the way of the water its the bloke in number 4 you gotta watch out for.... he didn't look to happy, but really suited the shot :)

p.s good to see you posting again, have missed seeing your work (y)

Great work Pete, there's real feeling in all of them :clap:

they are BRILLIANT! see your local to me then! wish i could do shots like these :(

All really top stuff Pete, never mind getting out of the way of the water its the bloke in number 4 you gotta watch out for.... he didn't look to happy, but really suited the shot :)

p.s good to see you posting again, have missed seeing your work (y)

Cheers :)

A cracking set of shots Pete!(y)
Love 1 & 4.

I actually went to a local market on Saturday to try some street shots!
But bottled it at the last minute.

Spence

Keep trying. Eventually you will be relaxed enough and in the moment to take photos.

Thanks all :)

Class pics Pete, I subscribe to your website so i've seen some before via emails but I always enjoy looking at your work. (y)

Back