Some random photos taken with my new Sony A33 DLST

Name
Ollie
Edit My Images
Yes
Iidn't plan this, but I thought the sunlight looked good coming in from the windows. I have many more shots that I need to look at and go over, & edit them; but these are just a few that I uploaded yesterday to post on another forum.
One thing I do wish I did is take them outside so I had a good background.

20110110_311 by Olliemacro, on Flickr

20110110_158 by Olliemacro, on Flickr

20110110_268 by Olliemacro, on Flickr

20110110_196 by Olliemacro, on Flickr
pg" width="1024" height="681" alt="20110110_311" /></a>

20110110_175 by Olliemacro, on Flickr
I think some cropping may be my biggest saviour. I need to choose some final prints by the 5th of feb for AS photography.

Last edited:
what Tina said really, always consider your background when composing the foreground, as a poor background can knacker a shot.
Likewise the second shot, the light on the left is too bright which ruins the light on the flowers themselves
3rd works, yes it could have been backlit, that would have given the leaf something extra, but its the best of the set
4th, the light is too bright at the top, thats thrown the focus out on the camera, so its a bit soft
final shot, the white line down the right grabs attention, some darker background would have worked better there.

its a start though, its worth looking at other peoples work to see what sort of style you like, and then develop your own from that

Back