Some retro cars at dusk

Name
Edd Weeks
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey peeps, complete n00b round here, and not that experienced behind the camera either. I'm no budding pro, novice label will do me well. Just looking for some tips and hints to get more from my shooting:)
Took these on wednesday at a meet I go to in Norfolk. I haven't played with my DSLR much (olympus e-500 with standard 14-42 lens) so I thought I'd give it a go.
What do you think of these? Taken about 8:15 onwards in the evening with only the A11 for ambient light. Used an old sunpak fired with the test button a few times from various positions to cast some light. The flash idea came from an urbexxing friend of mine.
I really haven't got to grips with manual focus yet, the AF isn't much good in the dark even with the flash strobing to assist. My old s5600 got good AF whatever the conditions.

All comments gratefully recieved, the one that says I suck gets a cigar for telling the truth, ha-ha!
No processing, (mostly because I can't), they are as the camera took them.

P4020802.jpg

P4020803.jpg

P4020805.jpg

P4020806.jpg

P4020807.jpg

P4020809.jpg

P4020811.jpg

Its a bit diffcult to get allround lighting to get rid of the hard shadows without getting a ghostly image of myself in the frame. Any ideas?

Looking hard at those, any tips on focussing wouldn't go amiss either!
Cheers, Edd.

I was getting myself tied in knots trying to get focussed and I didn't think to throw some angles in, D'OH!

Do you go to these often? If you do, my best advice is to just play around and experiment. Some will come out rubbbish but you will also get some really good ones.

Hi Edd, and welcome to the forum, you will find that we are a friendly bunch on here.
Hey - is that at Larling Angel? If so it is just down the road from me. Is it a regular club/meet there, or was it a drive out sort of thing?

Yeah, its the angel at larling. Bit of a three county trek for me, but I can make it in 1hour 2mins in my 1974 Bmw 2002.
Its a regular meet for the posters on the retro-rides.com forum, I've been going for year or so now. Not a big turnout, but good banter and cars. Was first tuesday of the month, now the first wednesday of the month to accomodate the Norwich classic car club guys.
took this one of my car last year with my s5600, 15s at f8.
2111460012_eba53533ef.jpg

thanks for the comments guys:)

Love the old cars m8 more so the Mk1 Granada/Consul? and the mk4 Cortina the cavalier coupe and the old Victor are nice also

Back