No
here are some pics i took of a very friendly robin

robin_side_edited-4.jpg

robin_looking_at_me.jpg

They look like massive crops?
Look a little over saturated to me.

Not bad tho.

have to agree with og on these...

just a beginner so needing help cheers(y)

help !!! then your at the right place(y)

what sort of kit are you using at the moment as this will help people with there c+c

i:e if its a point and shoot then well done .
if its a 1d with a 500mm prime then theres problem..

hth

md(y)

We like beginners here because we all used to be one. ;)

The first thing I'd say is why have you done such a large crop? There's a very natural tendency to crop close like this to show every bit of feather detail, but apart from an exercise in definition, it's seldom a pleasing picture. Try including the whole bird in the frame and leaving a little space around it so it doesn't look like it's been put into the frame with tyre levers. Showing a bit of the birds natural surroundings results in a more pleasant overall shot. Try to think how the shot would look framed on the wall.

The other thing is your shot is very noisy and the more you crop tight tlike this , the more the noise shows up.

I'd guess this was a pretty cheeky Robin and you were quite close. What lens were you using?

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS
I USE A CANON 300X 35 MM
THAT DAY I ONLY HAD MY SIGMA 70X300 LENS AND THE ROBIN CAME THAT CLOSE I USED THE MACRO FUNCTION
SO WHEN I GOT THE FILM DEVELOPED I SCANNED IT AND PUT
IT ON TP SO I COULD GET SOME COMMENTS.GOING DIGITAL AFTER MY HOLS IN OCTOBER, AFTER A 400D, CAN'T WAIT.(y)

Back