Some sunsets from my USA tour

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

First time posting here.

I have just got back from the states and finally got photo's from my numerous SD cards loaded up on to the computer.

Here are some of the amazing sunsets that I saw whilst I was out there, I hope I have been able to do some of the justice

1) white Sands

3413874249_0e45a6680c.jpg

2) Monument Valley Sunrise

3414678078_92ecff7d2a.jpg

3) White Sands again

3413869075_96f5a7c014.jpg

4) Death Valley

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3395/3413866535_c6cfc19ec2_b.jpg

I hope you like them, all are so far unedited as my PS/Gimp skills are poor but any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers

Rob

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like he colours in the sky in No1. (y)
But I thought the foreground was too dark.
In the very quick (PSE7) edit below I selected just below the horizon with 10 pixels feathering and selectivly lighten the sand...
rjwilki3.jpg

I was tempted to crop the bottom as well to bring the horizon down the bottom third line, but I left that mainly because of the title.

Sorry the other three didn't nave the same impact ... but perhaps that's just me.

If you want I will remove the edited image.

Fantastic sky in #1 - I like what you've done 26Days! Is the 10 pixels feathering thing easy to do?

Thanks shooting_stars - I only know PSE and it's an option on most of the select type tools like Marquee and Lasso. I used the Polygon lasso in the above edit. Cutting just below the tops of the mountains so that the strong mountain top edge remained relative to the sky and lighten the bottom layer.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback and the edited pic, I agree the foregrounds are a bit too dark, however as I mentioned I have no idea what I am doing in post processing yet, I will come back to them and have another crack at some point.

Unfortunately reshooting is not on the cards as it is a bit of a long journey out to white sands from the uk:p

Cheers

Rob

Back