Some water drops from 4 years ago!

GHP

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
These are a couple of some water drops I did in Feb 2008, and just re-found whilst going through my old images.
All taken with Nikon D70, 105mm f2.8, 2xSB800 on 64th power.
Basically done in a darkened room, shutter open, triggered flashguns when I thought the time was right (Normally the time wasn't right!!)
I know they are rubbish compared to some amazing drops shots on here, but I don't have any triggering or dropping devices, and it was something to do one day when I was bored !!

#1:
Water drops by scubacrazy, on Flickr

Water drops 6 by scubacrazy, on Flickr

Water drops 3 by scubacrazy, on Flickr

Water drops 4 by scubacrazy, on Flickr

Water drops 2 by scubacrazy, on Flickr

Water drops 8 by scubacrazy, on Flickr

Critique welcome.

Thanks for commenting Matt.
I know what you mean about the timing, and the only reason I did these was it was a rainy day, and I had seen some of the amazing shots by various people and thought to myself "How hard can it be "? :LOL:
So I set up a glass bowl filled to the brim, in the kitchen sink, darkened the room, and set up a dropper, (the one with the squeezy bulb on the end), and had a go!
I reckon I must have taken about 500-600 shots, and there were very few which were anywhere close to being keepers!
So, I can at least say I had a go, but I think I'll leave these type of shots to the other, far more capable people out there.(y)
Although I can see how this could become very addictive.

I really like those. #1 and #4 are standout ones for me.
This kind of shot has been on my "list to try" for ages, but something I never get around to.
Very good shots nonetheless. :)

Back