Some wedding photos

I quite like these. Poses are good, lighting too.
Last one though: you need to do something about the thread sticking out!

Love the light in the first one but might be tempted to lift the shadow detail a bit myself (assuming it is there in the file of course)

Is that actually a bride on her wedding day?

She was a model and took these when I was learning.
Still learning though.
Thank you for the replies.

The photos were taken by a large window and the light was natural light as far as I can remember.
They were good at posing with little prompts.
I learned quite a bit that day.
Since then I did few weddings and I will post some photos from actual weddings when I have bit more time.

The photos were taken by a large window and the light was natural light as far as I can remember.
They were good at posing with little prompts.
I learned quite a bit that day.
Since then I did few weddings and I will post some photos from actual weddings when I have bit more time.
I'm sorry to confuse, I know they're window lit, who placed her in relation to the window? That'd be who 'lit' her.

I did. We were in a church and there was this rather large window.
I liked the wall's pattern there as well.

These photos are from a wedding which was in Istanbul, Turkey. Photos were processed with lightroom cc and put together by using fundy album builder.

p1422801913-5.jpg

p1422802679-5.jpg

p1422813370-5.jpg

p1422814437-5.jpg

The Istanbul photos are a little static and quite formulaic. Which is often whats required over there. How come theres no photos with anyone else in?

I used XT-1 and X-Pro 1 with Fuji lenses 14mm, 18-55, 35mm for these photos.

The Istanbul photos are a little static and quite formulaic. Which is often whats required over there. How come theres no photos with anyone else in?

Anyone else?
I just chose the photos where there is only bride and the groom.

I think I uploaded enough photos for one night. :)
I might upload some more later.
Thank you for looking and for your input.

You've been very lucky with your first weddings. Such beautiful couples and locations.

It might be a cultural thing, but as Hugh said, they're a bit 'static', there's also a lack of 'connection' both between you and them and them as s couple.

Like I said, it might be cultural, but for me wedding photography is about them and their day, I aim to capture the essence of who they are and their relationship.

I look forward to seeing more though.

Also when I shoot multiples (similar shots) I tend to pick one to deliver, and I certainly wouldn't blog lots of similar shots.

Hello Phil,

Thank you for your valuable input. Appreciated.
I agree with most of the things you said.
It is cultural, people there expect more formal shots.
I try to get better and learn as I go along.
All the help and criticism helps along the way.

Thank you.

These photos were taken in this building which is a train station. Quite historic and built by Germans during the Ottoman Empire years.

p937546547-5.jpg

We did not have access to every part of the building unfortunately as some areas of the building are restricted.

Any comments or critique quite welcome.
Still learning the ropes, I would love to hear from you guys.

i can offer some comment on two of the images, the first one in the train station with bride and groom, maybe a wider shot getting the veil in its entirety, and then straighten it up a bit, also maybe rather then them looking at you maybe looking at each other? its a nice shot tbh just feel there was that little bit more to be had from it? sorry don't want to be to negative but contrsuctive with my opinion .

and the other shot is the last one, maybe a bit less vignette and straighten it up a bit.

hope thats of some help :) i like your shots tbh just trying to offer some advice were i can :)

Back