Something a little different from me:

Edit My Images
No
Let me know what you think, I'm not 100% about the tulip colour and the background lighting, I have a couple of different versions. Just thought I would get a little feedback if you folks have the time. I'm open to critisim as usual ;)

tulip-01.jpg

tulip-02.jpg

Last edited:
The colours on this are fantastic, the purple is awesome. I cant decide if I like the leaf being out of focus.

The flower itself is beautiful,for me though I don't think the background colour works nor the leaf being an odd shade of brown.

Ok I think I will have another go with this, as your comments have confirmed what I was thinking. I think a white backdrop may work well and a large DOF. Watch this space

I really like the composition and lighting but agree the bg colour is not right (its clashes with the tulip)

I don't know what I was thinking with the coloured lighting in the background last night :wacky:, but I have posted the other version up anyway. As you can see there is still some serious clashing, but I think I prefer this one to the red background. Prefered the lighting in the first though.

Last edited:
Would purple work well with a yellowish background? I might try and white and black finish also

Not my bag but nice detail in the petal.The lighting is spot on too. I think trying some different backgrounds would be a good idea though.

Back