Something New (56k Warning)

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, something new for me, Bought some coloured card for backdrops today, so I thought I would have a play around with flash light:

Img_4236x.jpg

Img_4179x.jpg

Img_4099x.jpg

Img_4177x.jpg

I'm interested to know your thoughts.

Thanks

Kris

Please tell how you've lit those beautiful wine glass shots ??? I've been doing some similar shots for the local Camera club competition 'Still Life' mono....really appreciate how good those are as the glass picks up any stray flash whatsoever............brill :thumb:

Cheers, I had a dark blue card as a base and backdrop, then put two bit of dark card at the sides, then focused locked, and set the shutter time to 1 second at ISO 100, at F4 ... then turned the lights out and hit the shutter, while open I handheld the flash and fired off two flashes behind and pointing down to the rear of the glass.

The dark cards at the sides puts a dark outline on the reflection, cant explain how, its just an idea I recall from years ago in a magazine.

Hope it helps, wanna share yours ?

Love the pictures, really well done, but not keen on the apples, seems to over saturated for me. Great stuff.

Ok .... but there not in the same league really............

IMG_1678forweb.jpg

IMG_1700-01aforweb.jpg

I think I need to review my shots.................:dizzy:

Cheers Chris

I dunno, I certainly think there good.

I can see what you mean about reflections though, looks to be cus the flash is fired from the front and its reflecting the table, could try putting a dark card just out of shot in front. just an idea.

Love the effect of the floating glass though, cracking idea

Really nice work there Kris, although I'm guessing the apples is an available light shot as the white balance seems very tungsten?

apples.jpg

How big are your cards/boards Kris? I had a look around Staples the other day and found colours limited and sizes not really big enough.

Love the first shot Liberalis, looks absolutely perfect - got to say that your turning out some amazing work at the moment, in terms of imagination and technique, aswell as the finished shot:thumb:

Lovely pics, and thanks for the tips. Things like this are really inspiring :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback, really appreciated.

CT said:
How big are your cards/boards Kris? I had a look around Staples the other day and found colours limited and sizes not really big enough.

I think they are about 30" x 18" from W H Smiths, (75p each) they have quite a cool selection.

Warspite said:
Love the first shot Liberalis, looks absolutely perfect - got to say that your turning out some amazing work at the moment, in terms of imagination and technique, aswell as the finished shot:thumb:

Compliements don't get much better than that, thank you very much.

Aint winter great for the imagination, lol

Regards

Kris

Liberalis said:
I think they are about 30" x 18" from W H Smiths, (75p each) they have quite a cool selection.

Fantastic! :thumb:

thanks for the info and thanks for sharing Kris

most impressive

Liberalis said:
Thanks everyone for the feedback, really appreciated.

Very nice work there m8, and thanks for the tip about the cards, I went and picked some up today and was surprised at how large they were.

absolute crackers, apples one as well :)

It has certainly all been said Liberalis but the glass shots really are ecellent - the first has to be the bestest for me ... esp as the bottles ain't empty - yet !

Great share ... :smilenod:

And Mr THX - really like the first of yours too ... glass looks as though it is floating ? :thumb:

Back