Something to Remember

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Compiled following a trip to the Somme Battlefields where my grandfather was wounded twice. So I made this short video as a tribute to those who made the ultimate sacrifice. It really brought home to me the pain and sadness experienced by both sides of the conflict.

http://youtu.be/a-aJk6kE9zc

Ken, I commend you for putting that together, I think not enough people, especially the younger generation realise the sacrifices those men made. Having been to a few first world war battle sites myself I know emotional it can be.

Are you just looking to share this or do you want feedback on how it can be improved/technical issues?

such a peaceful place that hides so much horror of the past :( . I liked your video but I think I would have added a color grad to tone it down a bit and maybe faded the shots more in time with the music where possible just so the whole video flowed more but all in all I liked it :)

Hard to be critical - considering the subject matter of the film, makes any comments on the way its presented pointless. iyswim - That said......

I would say think about the flow of any piece like this and how appropriate the last image was when considering the next. showing final resting places then showing the battle field - doesn't flow for me. I am not being critical of the subject matter just the way its put together - hope thats ok and its only my view - I mean what do I know.

I for one an truly grateful for those men and women who gave wholly of themselves so I may be free. I only hope our current and subsequent governments dont keep on giving our freedoms up.

Have to agree, hard too pick anything critical however, a very emotional clip that expresses the sadness of visiting such a place

Back