Sony a99 for landscapes

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Good morning,

Has anyone any experience of the a99 for landscapes? I currently use the a77 and and wondering if upgrading to the a99 is a good option.

For the avoidance of doubt I am not considering changing to Nikon or Canon.

Thanks for stopping by.

It's also worth checking out the A77ii if you do anything that needs a faster AF or higher FPS. It's not FF but if you have a lot of crop lenses then it could be a good choice. If most of your lenses are FF then it won't matter so much. I think Sony are due to replace the A99 within a few months so I'd probably wait and see what the new one is like and then pick up the outgoing A99 for peanuts or get the new model :)

It's also worth checking out the A77ii if you do anything that needs a faster AF or higher FPS. It's not FF but if you have a lot of crop lenses then it could be a good choice. If most of your lenses are FF then it won't matter so much. I think Sony are due to replace the A99 within a few months so I'd probably wait and see what the new one is like and then pick up the outgoing A99 for peanuts or get the new model :)

I saw some of the rumours that the new a99 was due for launch late 2014 then early 2015 and speaking to someone they don't think that anything will be released until 2016.

Autofocus speed for me is irrelevant as I only take landscapes. I'm very lucky that 3 of my 4 lenses are full frame.

A7 is E mount so you'd need new lenses or a mahoosive adapter to use the ones you have already.

A7 is E mount so you'd need new lenses or a mahoosive adapter to use the ones you have already.

Very true, that's another £230ish for an LA EA4, but the A7R is a 36mp which is interesting and slightly cheaper than the a99.

Video by Serge Ramelli

Sony A7R

Back