Sony Alpha a200! Flash gun HELP!

Name
Ricky
Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys im after a flash gun for my sony a200, could anyone point me into the right direction as i am on a tight budget below £100, can it be from another maker or does have to be a sony one.

thanks any help will be appreciated!:nuts:

hi guys im after a flash gun for my sony a200, could anyone point me into the right direction as i am on a tight budget below £100, can it be from another maker or does have to be a sony one.

thanks any help will be appreciated!:nuts:

i got a sony HVL-F42AM flash gun from cameraworld in london for £140,and there's a £30 cashback from sony,hence making it £110...only just over your budget :shrug:;)

You can get it from Jacobs for just under £100 with cashback but you need to be quick as all cash back claim forms have to be sent before 31 Dec 08

You can get it from Jacobs for just under £100 with cashback but you need to be quick as all cash back claim forms have to be sent before 31 Dec 08

You have to buy it before the end of December, you have until the 1st Feb 09 to get the form to Sony.

Or look for a second hand Minolta 3600HS - will work fine and can be found for about £60. See listings over at www.dyxum.com.

interesting

but i too am thinking of the jacobs one, 42AM, as they don't seem to have the lower model online (from memory) the 36AM, which i would assume be cheaper if they did have it

interesting

but i too am thinking of the jacobs one, 42AM, as they don't seem to have the lower model online (from memory) the 36AM, which i would assume be cheaper if they did have it

The 36AM was replaced by the 42AM. There may still be some stock floating around, but not for long.

There are alternatives to the hvl-42am, one is a sigma. You will have to check out your country to see availability. I have my own problem with the hvl-42am, It worked fine with my a350dslr the first time I took pictures, since then the pictures are always underexposed and I get no green confirmatory light from the flash. The camera takes good pictures with the built in flash, it passes the focal length, mode etc info to the external flash but the pictures are as if no flash has been used. The flash does fire so any ideas?

There are alternatives to the hvl-42am, one is a sigma. You will have to check out your country to see availability. I have my own problem with the hvl-42am, It worked fine with my a350dslr the first time I took pictures, since then the pictures are always underexposed and I get no green confirmatory light from the flash. The camera takes good pictures with the built in flash, it passes the focal length, mode etc info to the external flash but the pictures are as if no flash has been used. The flash does fire so any ideas?

You could check to see if it has gone into wireless mode on either the camera or the flash.

The 36AM was replaced by the 42AM. There may still be some stock floating around, but not for long.

jacobsdigital do the 42am @ sub £130 minus £30 cash back = £100

would be cool to find th 36am for less as sony are doing £30 cash back on them too

Looks like a reasonable deal, but the 42AM is available for less than £100 after cashback.

As for whether it would be a good investment depends on what sort of photography you want to do. Not much good for landscapes, but if you intend to do any portraits (People/pets) then it is probably a good idea to get one. They can be very handy for macro as well.

having used an external flash on my nikon d40, only a small simple one, it was alot better than the internal. mainly due to being able to tilt and bounce the light, rather than being direct.

can't check ebay at the mo. but at £85 for the 36am, minus £30 cash back, that's half the price of the 42AM

Back