South west Ayrshire coast (Scotland)

Dejavu

Suspended / Banned
Name
Grant
Edit My Images
No
Went a run down to the Mull of Galloway on the 13th of this month to see the views and visit the RSPB centre. Splendid views especially from near the bottom of the cliffs looking up towards the lighthouse there. Got a few shots there but nothing great, until I headed back home. It was somewhere between Ballentrae and Girvan that I stopped and got these shots as the Sun was going down.

1)Looking over to Ailsa craig. f11, 30sec, ISO100
IMG_7472fp.jpg

Larger HERE

2)f18, 1sec, ISO100
IMG_7440fp.jpg

great pics love no1

like the composition on no2 just find the brightness on the left a bit distracting

Love number 1 could be this weeks desktop selection :) thanks for sharing

Both really good. The Depth of Field is not quite there on the second, but I dont think it matter much in this case. What I really like, is the fact that you havent tried to pull the detail back out of the shadows in the first, like so many do. It always just looks a touch unnatural to my eye (I used to be guilty of this ;))

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Both really good. The Depth of Field is not quite there on the second, but I dont think it matter much in this case. What I really like, is the fact that you havent tried to pull the detail back out of the shadows in the first, like so many do. It always just looks a touch unnatural to my eye (I used to be guilty of this ;))

Thanks Ghandi
Yes, I agree Ghandi, no point in trying to get something out of an image that was not there at moment of capture whether using filters or not. Of course, if there was some detail in the rocks/foreground to start with then i'd make use of Canon's shadow slider in DPP to enhance that detail. But these RAW adjusments in DPP are for very fine tuning only and nothing more.

Back