Sparrow

raythefab

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
please will you critisise so i may learn from my mistakes
494565636_7c3fbd0453.jpg

I think here you should have cropped out the bit of blurry fence in the foreground. Also, it would be nice too see him a bit closer. However, you were probably on full zoom so that's not your fault.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. I'm new here too :)

I assume you shot this with the 70-300 Ray? It's difficult to really form an opinion at this size mate, you can post up to 800 pixels longest side on this forum. ;)

It doesn't look quite sharp but it's hard to tell really at this size and it's possible it may sharpen with some processing. Also if this is a full frame shot it may benefit from some cropping to make more of your sparrow.

It's hardly fair to criticise what is obviously a grab shot anyway and you've probably made the most of the chance. :)

:thinking:
im no expert on this subject but if you want my ill give you my point.
if possible you want to see if you can attract the birds closer,
try and set up a branch or something natural for the birds to land . this will make your shots look more natural .. hope this helps alittle(y)
also read up on some of the older threads in this forum theres some very good togs here:naughty:

I could, but I'll refrain :D

Post up some more with more pixels and we'll have another go eh?

I spent ages yearning for a longer lens before I realised that it's easier (and cheaper!) just to get closer to the birds.

There's a lot of RSPB reserves and things where you can get very close to birds. These are the places to go. The other thing to remember is that it's only sudden movements that startle birds - if you move towards them very slowly they won't fly away.

Good luck :)

Back