Wild Speed demon

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
Brown Hare having a good stretch in late afternoon sun. They can sprint at a speed over 40 miles an hour. A difficult species to get close. When I first set out to photograph them a few years ago, it seemed like an impossible task. After spending countless hours in the field, eventually the code was deciphered. As with all wildlife work, persistence is key. It has to be said that photographing hare can be quite addictive.

D500, 300mm, f4, 1/640th, ISO640.

hare.jpg

I love how you have dialed down the chances of hare addiction Des.........lol "quite addictive":LOL::LOL::LOL:

I 've read they are our fasted land mammal Des god knows if it's true it's hare roe or fallow I guess

Beaut of an image I have a sneaking suspicion you have showed something similar last year,sure we talked about stretching hares . Des I've said it before but you make some cracking frames loved looking at these even though I haven't posted much I've looked long. Your images are inspiring kiddo ha keep them coming please

It's the 22nd of jan the last day of the month being the day before I have another crack. My hare patch being off limits for the shooting season. So my sort of cold turkey:) is nearly over and once again we'll try for that image.

It IS about persistence Des, I guess you are right there is a code to crack. What really grabbed me with europeas is how engaging they can be as a species, that curiousity. They should run away and yet one can stare into those eyes from yards away therein lies the addiction. :)

Fab image, stunning light, @ 300mm. cool !!

Back