Speedlight Question...

Name
Pip
Edit My Images
Yes
I have read on here about the differences between the Canon 430 and 580, and I know I'd like the 580 but I have decided I don't need it (yet) and so I'm gonna plump for the 430... probably.

What's the difference though between the 430EX and the 430EXII? Does it matter really which one I get?

Thanks,
Pip.

I am waiting for the 430 ex 11 Reason I went for it was faster recycle time for batteries between flashes and from what I could make out it has a better shoe to fit it onto the camera (metal as against plastic) someone on here may help you more
Bob

ive been thinking the same thing... :D Would love to hear more about it

Don't know the differences (maybe slightly higher GN and faster recycle times) but I bought a 430 EX II a couple of weeks ago and have been really impressed with it.

Its a fantastic purchase, a worthy addition to your arsenal and if you ever upgrade to the the 580 EX you can use the 580 to trigger the 430 ex wirelessly.

I am waiting for the 430 ex 11 Reason I went for it was faster recycle time for batteries between flashes and from what I could make out it has a better shoe to fit it onto the camera (metal as against plastic) someone on here may help you more
Bob
Thanks for that Bob, I reckon a decent shoe is a must on something like this.

ive been thinking the same thing... :D Would love to hear more about it
You'd think it'd be easy wouldn't you!

Don't know the differences (maybe slightly higher GN and faster recycle times) but I bought a 430 EX II a couple of weeks ago and have been really impressed with it.

Its a fantastic purchase, a worthy addition to your arsenal and if you ever upgrade to the the 580 EX you can use the 580 to trigger the 430 ex wirelessly.
I had read it was good and 580 is a lot better and can be used as master. What does GN mean by the way?

Thanks all,
Pip

Dunno about the 430 but the main diff on the 580/I & II = better battery door, stronger hotshoe mount and weather sealing.

Back