Speedway again....

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
I got another chance to get some action from the centre green at Speedway on Thursday - at our home track Ipswich this time.

Witches skipper Chris Louis
9712Chrisht5.jpg

Mark Loram of Ipswich with Fredrik Lindgren of Wolverhampton Wolves
9763MarkLindgrenht7.jpg

All in line as the tapes rise.....
9850Startht10.jpg

Witches Kim Jansson flies round the fourth bend
9855Kimht10.jpg

Nice shots........looks like you got eye contact with the last one.

Great set, love the last with the guys eyes looking at you.

LOL - does look like that doesn't it........possibly taken by surprise as I was stood in a position that pretty much none of the other photographers use - I'd been doing stuff at the start gate and that bit of fourth bend was nearer than anywhere down on the more favoured first.......so switched the flash on and legged it down there!

Cheers for the comments guys!

Good shots but think the last with the eye contact is very nice along with the third.

very good, caught the action really well

Agree with Dave, the last one nails it for me too because of the eye contact.

Had a peek at your exif data too for the next time I do bikes.
All good stuff!

2nd and 4th for me. Second shows the scrap going on which the riders like. Fourth has that as well as the eye contact which makes it. Slight niggle would be the amount of the front wheel which has been cut off but it's got to be really difficult to frame track and shoot these guys :)

Great shots, hope you didn't blind the rider with your flash on the 4th shot :)

Thanks for all the input guys.

Dod - I know what you mean about that front wheel - when shooting on the first bend I normally have a little more time to get shots framed up properly but this one was well and truly "on the hoof". I was a little too close to the track to get anything more organised I think - the best position is a little way into the infield - and I was right on the edge marker for that one. As you say though - not easy to track them - when I took that last one Kim would have been going at something around 55mph - not much in road racing terms, but then you tend to be further away for those guys!

Lee - none of these were using flash - I try to do any shots like that fourth one before I need to use it as a rule and if I remember rightly only needed to use it for the final three heats or so this time round. I like this time of year! :D

Witch said:
when I took that last one Kim would have been going at something around 55mph - not much in road racing terms, but then you tend to be further away for those guys!

I know exactly what you mean :)

dod said:
I know exactly what you mean :)

I guess you do! Not done any Motox myself - apart from the freestyle stuff which is different again - but I'd like to have a go at some point. We have a local track and I keep meaning to get down there and find out who's in charge to get permission to shoot there.

Back